Come work with us
A creative travel and events company specializing in tailor-made wine tours, holidays, events and bespoke experiences around Europe.
We believe it’s the people who work with us that make SmoothRed what it is today. An enthusiastic, hard working bunch of people who enjoy their jobs and love what we do as a company, organising wine travel, events and unique experiences.
We are always on the lookout for talented individuals who could join our team. If you think you have an eye for detail, are organised, self motivated, ambitious and enjoy the buzz of a busy sales environment then we’d love to hear from you. Drop us an email!
Travel company seeks office administrator!
We’re looking for grafters and motivated people with self-drive to join the team, who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. We’re friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard and we’re all passionate about our brand. Oh, and we all love wine and travel!
SmoothRed is one of the UK’s leading wine travel and events companies with specialist knowledge of Europe’s wine regions and a family background in the wine trade dating back over six generations. We are experts in delivering memorable, unique events and bespoke tailor made travel experiences all over Europe and the US.
We’re a growing multicultural team made up of sales, marketing, operations and accounts professionals and we’re looking for an office administrator to help support many of the day to day tasks that help make our company operate smoothly!
To be an operational contact point to clients and external suppliers. The successful candidate will be involved in (a varied) range of duties– and therefore benefit from having a great overview of how a travel company operates. This role is suitable for anyone wishing to work in travel, hospitality or an administrative role.
- Acting as a professional ambassador for the SmoothRed brand when liaising with all clients and suppliers
- Liaising with a range of suppliers in the UK and Europe including hotels, tour guides, transport companies and wine guides etc
- Diligently checking all bookings for accuracy; this may require that you chase contacts for confirmations and double check the finer details of all our travel experiences.
- Data entry of various kinds – including adding all new and booked clients on our management systems.
- Ensuring our in-house management system is up to date with our suppliers details, the correctly sized images etc.
- Dealing with all returned booking forms and ensuring the client data is accurate and then updated onto the necessary systems (for example passport details for airlines websites)
- Prepare and post the travel packs to include the itineraries, vouchers, address labels etc.
- Assisting the operations team with wine event management (this will include confirming bookings, presentations, liaising with the client and possibly attending the events).
- Ensuring our restaurant lists (in our core destinations) are up to date and researching new ones if required.
- Researching other information about our destinations, for example tourist activities and events for the calendar.
- Answering the phone, taking messages for the team.
- Paying invoices on our accounts system and other ad hoc accounts requests from time to time.
- Have a proactive, can-do attitude and be willing to get involved in all aspects of the company; from admin, operations, event management, sales, marketing and accounts.
- To ensure that actions relating to tailor-made packages are turned around to agreed deadlines.
- Task orientated a great administrator.
- Knowledge of the travel sector is desirable.
- Be highly organised with the ability to organise and prioritise their workload.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills; you’ll be using the phone, email and written correspondence on behalf of the company.
- Be a team player! Happy to work under the guidance of members of the team and equally be given some autonomy to set up their own ways of working.
- Eager to learn – this role has the potential to grow into a more specific role (such as operations, sales) if the business requires it.
- Have a good business head – be able to find the most effective ways to work and make business suggestions you feel would be of benefit to the company!
- Have a keen interest in travel and hospitality sectors and enjoy wine!
- Start Date: Immediately.
- Wine Friday and annual away weekends are a must!
- Located in: Wandsworth SW18.
- Knowledge of a European language preferable but not essential.
- Weekly Working hours: Monday-Friday, 09.00-17.30 (occasional weekends in high season)
- Salary: TBC – depending on experience.
This is a paid, full time position with an immediate start. The applications close on 16th December 2016.
How to apply?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or send your CV.