Make the most of a one day tour in Champagne, the capital of sparkling wine. Discover famous vineyards around Reims and enjoy a wonderful Champagne tasting experience.
Highlights of this Wine Tour1 day from £179pp
- Sip your way along the vineyards and villages of the Route du Champagne and see some of the world famous estates
- Explore in style with a chauffeured tour at the Grande Maison du Champagne Moët & Chandon
- Sample the local champenoise delicacies at lunch with accompanying champagne
- Guided tour of Hautvillers Dom Perignon’s Abbey
A Sample Itinerary
- Enjoy a guided Champagne tour of the beautiful vineyards of the Côtes des Blancs and Grand Cru Villages of Champagne with an English speaking driver/guide. Start your day with the Scenic ‘Route du Champagnes’. It meanders among the vineyards and picturesque villages, offering a charming bucolic landscape. Visit the cellars of the world famous Champagne Moët & Chandon, founded in 1743 by Claude Möet it becomes within 40 year the first international brand in the world. These days it is recognised as the most famous Champagne brand around the world! Following your tour enjoy a superb tasting, you will stroll along the Avenue de Champagne in Epernay, internationally known as the “Capital of Champagne”. The stunning main street appears like an exhibition of opulent mansions housing the most illustrious Maisons de Champagne: Moët & Chandon, Perrier-Jouet, Mercier, etc. Not to mention the 100km of tunnels under the pavement. Lunch will be a local specialties will be assorted with three sorts of Champagne (Blanc de blancs, Blanc de noirs and Rosé) of the main terroirs of the Champagne region like: Montagne de Reims, Vallée de la Marne and Côte des Blanc). After lunch, your guide will take you to the Marne Valley on a journey through the vineyard to meet with another prestigious figure: Dom Pérignon who finalised the process to elaborate Champagne. He highly contributed to the fame of Champagne and is now buried in the church of the former Benedictine Abbey of Hautvillers. Enjoy a tour of a prestigious family local domaine, and then later in the afternoon your guide will take you back to Reims
Need to know: SmoothRed will be happy to include accommodation or travel, please contact us for details.
Amazing six days in Tuscany. We did a Chianti tour followed by a Brunello tour. Everything from the flights, car hire, hotels, guide and restaurant recommendations were great. Our guide took us to some lovely family owned vineyards and was very knowledgeable. We will definitely use Smooth Red again.
I don't usually put reviews but we have just been absolutely blown away by this weekend organised by Smooth Red! The staff were really friendly and managed to cater for all our requirements. A really informative and fun weekend. Even restaurant suggestions were superb and we really had a lovely time. I have already recommended to friends and family and will definitely be using Smooth red again for future wine tasting adventures!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK