Visit the home of Port wine on a budget, and enjoy tours and tastings at some of the finest wineries and cellars in the city.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £199pp
- Two nights accommodation in the heart of the city
- Visit at two famous Port Lodges in Vila Nova de Gaia
- Taste over 8 port wines during your tours
- Relax on a 50 minutes cruise and take in the magic of the 5 bridges and quaint architecture of this beautiful city
A Sample Itinerary
- After setting in your Porto hotel relax and discover Porto! The city is a hidden gem with a quaint and magical quality about it that can only be discovered by walking its streets. Some of the historical highlights are the Porto Cathedral, the gothic-style Church of Saint Francis and the old Stock Exchange Palace.
- Discover the city’s magic on a cruise of the 5 bridges and see the architectural forms of the city of Porto emerge majestically. The perfect way to start your experience is with the first tasting across the bridge in Vila Nova de Gaia, where you will enjoy two tours of famous ageing cellars and tasting of fine port wines.
- The final day of your trip is yours to explore Porto. The city reveals its magical secrets as you wander its charming streets, taking in such splendid sights as the Porto Cathedral, the gothic-style Church of Saint Francis and the old Stock Exchange Palace.
Getting Here: Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport is only 15km away from Port city centre. A number of tour operators operate from the UK including British Airways from Heathrow, EasyJet and TAP Portugal from London Gatwick, EasyJet from London Luton, Ryanair from London Stansted (Ryanair) as well as Easyjet from Bristol and Manchester. Porto is approximately a three hour drive from Lisbon. SmoothRed is ABTA and ATOL bonded and will happily make secure travel arrangements for you and your group.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on a 3* accommodation which we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Nearby Wine Regions: Lisbon, the capital of Portugal is approximately a three hour drive south of Porto and as the nation’s capital offers both amazing site seeing and a unique opportunity to try wines from all over Portugal. Why not tick Lisbon off your list while you’re here?
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK