Visit the home of Port wine on a budget, and enjoy tours and tastings at some of the finest wineries and cellars in the city.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £199pp
- Two nights accommodation in the heart of the city
- Visit at two famous Port Lodges in Vila Nova de Gaia
- Taste over 8 port wines during your tours
- Relax on a 50 minutes cruise and take in the magic of the 5 bridges and quaint architecture of this beautiful city
A Sample Itinerary
- After setting in your Porto hotel relax and discover Porto! The city is a hidden gem with a quaint and magical quality about it that can only be discovered by walking its streets. Some of the historical highlights are the Porto Cathedral, the gothic-style Church of Saint Francis and the old Stock Exchange Palace.
- Discover the city’s magic on a cruise of the 5 bridges and see the architectural forms of the city of Porto emerge majestically. The perfect way to start your experience is with the first tasting across the bridge in Vila Nova de Gaia, where you will enjoy two tours of famous ageing cellars and tasting of fine port wines.
- The final day of your trip is yours to explore Porto. The city reveals its magical secrets as you wander its charming streets, taking in such splendid sights as the Porto Cathedral, the gothic-style Church of Saint Francis and the old Stock Exchange Palace.
Getting Here: Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport is only 15km away from Port city centre. A number of tour operators operate from the UK including British Airways from Heathrow, EasyJet and TAP Portugal from London Gatwick, EasyJet from London Luton, Ryanair from London Stansted (Ryanair) as well as Easyjet from Bristol and Manchester. Porto is approximately a three hour drive from Lisbon. SmoothRed is ABTA and ATOL bonded and will happily make secure travel arrangements for you and your group.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on a 3* accommodation which we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Nearby Wine Regions: Lisbon, the capital of Portugal is approximately a three hour drive south of Porto and as the nation’s capital offers both amazing site seeing and a unique opportunity to try wines from all over Portugal. Why not tick Lisbon off your list while you’re here?
Amazing six days in Tuscany. We did a Chianti tour followed by a Brunello tour. Everything from the flights, car hire, hotels, guide and restaurant recommendations were great. Our guide took us to some lovely family owned vineyards and was very knowledgeable. We will definitely use Smooth Red again.
I don't usually put reviews but we have just been absolutely blown away by this weekend organised by Smooth Red! The staff were really friendly and managed to cater for all our requirements. A really informative and fun weekend. Even restaurant suggestions were superb and we really had a lovely time. I have already recommended to friends and family and will definitely be using Smooth red again for future wine tasting adventures!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK