Soak up the delights of Bordeaux with two nights staying in the heart of historic Bordeaux. Enjoy a tasting session introducing you to the terroirs and tastes of the region, followed by a full days wine tour in the scenic vineyards of Saint Emilion – world famous for it’s fruity Merlots. Here you’ll visit two Grand Cru Classé Châteaux and explore the chocolate box village of Saint Emilion.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £374pp
- Enjoy a unique tasting experience at a wine gallery in the heart of Bordeaux to taste wines from across the region and learn about the terroirs for which this region is so famous.
- Explore the vineyards with a full day of chauffeured wine tour
- Wine tastings at two famous Grand Cru Classé Châteaux in the St Emilion wine region; experiencing the very best of the Libournais red wines, known for their fruity nature and soft tannins
- Spend time exploring Bordeaux’s newest attraction La Cité du Vin
- Enjoy the hustle and bustle of brasseries, bars and monuments with two nights accommodation in the centre of Bordeaux
A Sample Itinerary
- After arriving in the stylish city of Bordeaux, your wine tour begins with a pre-dinner tasting, with three wines along with local delicacies at a unique wine gallery a short walk away from your hotel. This is the perfect way to orient yourself in the wine region which has become so world famous with an introduction to the terroirs and tastes to come.
- Your Bordeaux wine tasting trip continues with a days excursion into the vineyards themselves including a tour of the delightful village of of St Emilion, home to some of the most heavily-exported and popular wines in Bordeaux. Throughout the day your guide will take you for tastings at two St Emilion Grand Cru Classé Châteaux to learn about the complexities behind the production of the wines, as well as a tour to discover the fascinating history of St Emilion itself.
- On your final day in the city, soak up the ambiance of its many brasseries and bars and see for yourself why Bordeaux is a designated UNESCO world heritage site. A stroll along one of Europe’s longest shopping esplanades is also a must, passing over 350 historical monuments along your way. Discover the world of wine in Bordeaux’s La Cité du Vin. Embark on an adventure to discover the cultures and civilisations of wine, where wine comes to life through an immersive, sensorial approach, all set within an evocative architectural design. Nearly twenty different themed areas invite you to take a voyage of discovery and enjoy a unique experience exploring the many and varied facets of wine across time and space. The tour also includes access to La Cité du Vin’s Belvedere, where you will discover a 360° view of Bordeaux whilst tasting a glass of world wine.
Need to know: This package is based on 3* hotel accommodation. All our packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer. The tours are semi-private and may include up to eight other people – still allowing for a very intimate experience with the wine makers. The full day wine tour includes a 45 minute drive into the scenic vineyards and an optional walking tour of the village of Saint Emilion.
Upgrade: Should you wish to upgrade we have some lovely 4* and 5* hotels available with spa access. We can also arrange for a uniquely private wine tour and tastings for an extra special occasion. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK