Join us on a journey to discover the true lifeblood of France. Soak up the delights of Bordeaux City as you explore the charming Old Town and pristine waterfront, then delve into the surrounding countryside with a full day of private chauffeured wine tasting tours among the famous Médoc vineyards.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £348pp
- Explore in style with a chauffeured wine tasting tour of the best of the Médoc’s 5,700 hectares of vineyards
- Visit three major Classified Growth and Cru Bourgeois vineyards along the famous Route des Châteaux, and experience the home of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot first-hand
- Enjoy the hustle and bustle of brasseries, bars and monuments with two nights accommodation in the centre of Bordeaux
- Try a unique tasting experience at a wine gallery in the heart of Bordeaux to taste some of the region’s finest wines
A Sample Itinerary
- After arriving in Bordeaux, enjoy a unique wine tasting experience at a wine gallery in the heart of the city. Taste some of Bordeaux’s most prestigious wines, produced anywhere from across the Left Bank, Right Bank and Entre-Deux-Mers, with a selection of cheese and charcuterie canapés.
- Enjoy a full day’s chauffeured wine tasting tour in the Medoc vineyards with an English speaking driver and guide. Then travel along the world famous ‘Route des Châteaux’, passing famous Grand Cru estates in regions such as Margaux and St Julien. Visit the cellars and learn all there is to know about the history of the estates and the chemistry and complexities behind the wine-making process… and, of course, taste the wines!
- On your final day, explore the city of Bordeaux, and enjoy the ambiance, restaurants and bars that the city has to offer. Stroll along one of Europe’s longest esplanades, spend some time shopping in the Bordeaux’s many boutique shops, or perhaps visit some of Bordeaux’s 350 historical monuments, and take in the city’s splendid 18th Century architecture.
Need to know: This package is based on 3* hotel accommodation. All our packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer. The tours are semi-private and may include up to eight other people – still allowing for a very intimate experience with the wine makers. The full day wine tour includes a 50 minute drive into the scenic vineyards. This package with flights start at £429 per person.
Upgrade, See Hotel section: Should you wish to upgrade we have some lovely 4* and 5* hotels with spa access available. We can also arrange for a uniquely private wine tour and tastings for an extra special occasion. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Nearby Wine Regions: Bordeaux is well positioned between a number of other world-renowned wine regions including Rioja in Spain – the heartland of Spanish red wine is a five hour drive South west of Bordeaux. Five hours drive south west is the unspoilt region of Languedoc-Roussillon and the world-famous Châteauneuf-du-Pape and five hours drive north are the well-loved Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumés of the Loire Valley. Why not stay a little longer and tick another wine region off your list?
Amazing six days in Tuscany. We did a Chianti tour followed by a Brunello tour. Everything from the flights, car hire, hotels, guide and restaurant recommendations were great. Our guide took us to some lovely family owned vineyards and was very knowledgeable. We will definitely use Smooth Red again.
I don't usually put reviews but we have just been absolutely blown away by this weekend organised by Smooth Red! The staff were really friendly and managed to cater for all our requirements. A really informative and fun weekend. Even restaurant suggestions were superb and we really had a lovely time. I have already recommended to friends and family and will definitely be using Smooth red again for future wine tasting adventures!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK