Discover the finest secrets that Burgundy has to offer, including the cobbled streets, beautiful architecture and world-famous wines of the city of Beaune.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £398pp
- Enjoy the best of the city with two nights stay in the heart of Beaune
- Visit a prestigious wine cellar in the heart of Beaune, enjoy a introductory tasting of Burgundian wines
- Enjoy a full days wine tour of the Côtes de Nuits region, famous for the Pinot Noir grape variety
- Over the day taste over 12 wines and a lovely lunch!
- Take a guided visit to the chateau of Vougeot
A Sample Itinerary
- Arriving in Beaune, your Burgundy wine tour begins as you soak up the medieval mood of this historic city. Once home to the mighty Dukes of Burgundy, its splendour still delights all who visit. Once settled into the hotel, enjoy your first Burgundian wine tasting in a local family-run cellar in the heart of Beaune
- Continue your Burgundy wine tour with a guided tour along the Route des Grands Crus through the northern part of the Côte d’Or, the Côtes de Nuits region, an area well known for the Pinot Noir grape variety. During the wine tasting day, enjoy visits and tastings at two prestigious wineries and stop off for lunch in the village of famous village of Gevry-Chambertin. Your English speaking guide will also take you to the chateau of Vougeot, a Grand Cru vineyard founded by monks in 1098. Over the wine tasting day tour you will taste over 12 wines!
- Explore the boutiques, restaurants and cafés along Beaune’s pretty cobbled streets and alleyways, before bidding farewell to the capital of Burgundy wines.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on 3* hotel accommodation that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. We have a number of lovely 4* and 5* options available. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer. Please note that the wine tours are semi private which means there may be up to seven other wine enthusiasts with you – still allowing for an intimate experience with the wine makers. Private tours can be arranged for special occasions.
Getting Here: The easiest way to fly to Burgundy is to either Paris Orly or Paris Charles de Gaulle airports.
You can fly to Orly airport from Heathrow with British Airways, from LondonCity with CityJet and from Southampton by Flybe.
You can fly to Charles de Gaulle from Heathrow by British Airways or Air France.Air France also flies from Birmingham, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Manchester, Aberdeen and Edinburgh. EasyJet operates from Bristol, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Gatwick and Luton, Flybe operates from Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Exeter, Manchester and Newcastle, whilst Jet2 runs flights from Leeds/Bradford and Manchester.
From Paris, you can reach Burgundy by rail or by road.
TGV trains travel from Paris’ Gare de Lyon, in the city centre, to an array of Burgundy stations – Dijon, Mâcon, Montbard, Auxerre and Chalon-sur-Saône – throughout the day. The journey from Paris to each of these will take anywhere between 1 hour and 1½ hours, with the exception of Chalon-sur-Saône, which takes 2½ hours. Burgundy also has its own dedicated regional rail system, known as TER, which links the region’s towns and cities.
The Burgundian urban areas aren’t too far in distance from Paris. Auxerre is the closest, and will take approximately 2 hours. Dijon and Mâcon are about a 3½ drive away, whilst Chalon-sur-Saône should take just under 4 hours. Driving from St. Malo, Caen or Dover (if you caught a ferry over the Channel) will add on an extra 4 hours, 2½ hours and slightly over 4 hours, respectively.
Please not that SmoothRed is ABTA and ATOL bonded and will happily make travel arrangements for you.
Nearby Wine Regions: Burgundy is well positioned between a number of other French wine regions. The closest is Champagne, a 3hr drive north, Alsace 3.5 hours north-east and the Loire Valley, 4 hours west. And if you’re a fan of reds, why not make a visit south to Bordeaux? approximately six hours drive are the Cabernet Sauvignons and Merlots to match Burgundy’s famous Pinot Noirs. So, stay a little longer and tick another region off your list?
3* La Belle Epoque
4* Hotel le Cep
5* Hotel le Cedre
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK