Relax in a luxury 19th century château just moments from historic Reims, the capital of Champagne. Visit world-famous champagne houses, meet the passionate wine makers, learn about the méthode champenoise and enjoy tastings of the finest of bubbles.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £847pp
- Relax like royalty in a beautiful château hotel in the heart of Champagne
- Wine and dine with a 5 course gourmet dinner with accompanying wines
- Explore the vineyards and villages of the Route de Champagne on a private chauffeured champagne tour with expert wine guide
- Meet the makers, learn about the méthode champenoise and taste number of champagnes.
- Enjoy lunch at a traditional Champenoise restaurant
A Sample Itinerary
- Check in to your 19th century château and home for the next two nights. Today is about relaxing so why not take your welcome drink and explore the seven hectare gardens surrounding your hotel. If you’re feeling adventurous take a trip to nearby Reims and explore this beautiful UNESCO heritage city. Return for a five course gourmet meal with paired wines and get a taste for the wines to come.
- Today your dedicated wine guide and driver will collect you from your hotel for a private wine tour of the Route de Champagne – Champagne’s world-famous wine route. Today you will discover the Marne Valley and the Mountains of Reims, stopping at three estates throughout the day including one Grand Cru and two boutique estates. Here you will meet the passionate wine makers, learn about the méthode champenoise, explore the cellars and taste up to ten champagnes throughout the day. You’ll stop to refuel half way for lunch in a traditional champenoise restaurant (lunch will be accompanied by Champagne of course). At the end of the day your wine guide will return you to your Chateau.
- On the final day we recommend lunch in the magnificent Gothic city of Reims before heading home full of bubbly joy.
Need to know: Please note that the full days wine tour is completely private ensuring an intimate and informed experience exclusive to your group.
Getting Here: Reims, the capital of Champagne is easily accessible from London, by taking the Eurostar/TGV via Paris. It’s also a pleasant drive from Calais which makes it perfect for a self-drive mini break. Many airlines also offer flights into Paris Charles de Gaulle airport which is a 90 minute transfer away. We are ABTA and ATOL bonded and will happily make travel arrangements for you.
Nearby Wine Regions: Did you know that Champagne is only a 3.5 hour drive from Alsace, Burgundy and Loire – three more of France’s most outstanding wine regions. If you’ve got a few extra days why not combine your trip with one of these other destinations?
Upgrades: All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer. This package is based on 5* hotel accommodation and we have some lovely alternative 4* and 5* hotels available. We can also arrange for a visits to specific Champagne houses which might be on your wish list.
Amazing six days in Tuscany. We did a Chianti tour followed by a Brunello tour. Everything from the flights, car hire, hotels, guide and restaurant recommendations were great. Our guide took us to some lovely family owned vineyards and was very knowledgeable. We will definitely use Smooth Red again.
I don't usually put reviews but we have just been absolutely blown away by this weekend organised by Smooth Red! The staff were really friendly and managed to cater for all our requirements. A really informative and fun weekend. Even restaurant suggestions were superb and we really had a lovely time. I have already recommended to friends and family and will definitely be using Smooth red again for future wine tasting adventures!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK