Experience the wines of the Rhône Valley as you bask in the atmosphere of Lyon and embark on a day’s tour of the Valley’s finest wineries.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £429pp
- Enjoy your stay in one of the oldest hotels in the heart of gastronomique Lyon
- Experience a full day in the Rhône Valley and discover the homeland of the legendary Syrah and Viognier grape in these ancient vineyards.
- Savour the exquisite cuisine of the region in a traditional restaurant accompanied by wine
A Sample Itinerary
- Arriving in Lyon, soak up the atmosphere of the third largest city in France, known as the food capital of France!
- Continue your experience with an excellent full day tour in the northern Rhône Valley, discover the homeland of the legendary Syrah and Viognier grapes and taste intense aromatic wines for yourself in ancient vineyards. You will learn about the wine making process and enjoy lunch tasting regional cuisine
- Explore the UNESCO world heritage site of Lyon, or discover the boutiques shops and enjoy the food in a local restaurant and see why Lyon is known as the capital of French gastronomy, before bidding farewell to this great city
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on a 4* hotel swhich we can happily adapt to suit your budget and requirements. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Getting Here: SmoothRed is ABTA and ATOL bonded and happy to make travel arrangements for you. Lyon’s Saint-Exupéry Airport sees regular low cost flights arrive from the UK. British Airways operates from London Heathrow, whilst Gatwick and Luton are served by EasyJet. Aer Lingus operates seasonal flights from Gatwick, whilst Birmingham flights are run by Flybe, Edinburgh by EasyJet and Manchester by both Flybe and EasyJet. Lyon is linked with a number of French cities via rail, including Paris and Lille, both of which can be reached on the Eurostar from London St. Pancras. The total journey time from London to Lyon will be around 5½-6 hours. Lyon is 5 hours away from Paris by road, via the A6. Coming from any of the ferry ports in Northern France is likely to add 2½-3½ hours onto that journey time.
Amazing six days in Tuscany. We did a Chianti tour followed by a Brunello tour. Everything from the flights, car hire, hotels, guide and restaurant recommendations were great. Our guide took us to some lovely family owned vineyards and was very knowledgeable. We will definitely use Smooth Red again.
I don't usually put reviews but we have just been absolutely blown away by this weekend organised by Smooth Red! The staff were really friendly and managed to cater for all our requirements. A really informative and fun weekend. Even restaurant suggestions were superb and we really had a lovely time. I have already recommended to friends and family and will definitely be using Smooth red again for future wine tasting adventures!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK