Taste the wines of Provence and the Rhône, as you’re chauffeured from the bustling city of Avignon to the sleepy fields of Provence and the historic village of Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £648pp
- Stay in the picturesque walled city of arty Avignon and lose yourself in ancient alleyways
- 4* hotel accommodation with breakfasts included
- Introductory tasting on your first afternoon
- Explore Provence in style with a private chauffeured wine tour and tastings at three Rhône Valley wine appellations
- Sample wine fit for a pope during a visit to the famous Châteauneuf-du-Pape appellation
- Lunch during your private wine experience
A Sample Itinerary
- Arrive and settle into your 4* hotel in Avignon. On the first day of your Provence wine tour, take the chance to explore Avignon’s picturesque squares, shops and galleries and see artists, actors, mimes and musicians plying their trade around the spectacular Palais des Papes. Then it’s on to a pre-dinner tasting where you’ll enjoy a range of the region’s most prestigious wines including the rosés for which Provence is most famous, alongside a selection of local cheeses.
- After breakfast there’s no time to waste as you meet your English-speaking guide for a private day in the vineyards and head off for your first Provencal wine tasting. Here you’ll learn secrets old and new as you compare the winemaking techniques of yesterday and today – today, the region is still known first and foremost as the only in the world to specialise in the production of rosé wines. Then enjoy tasting at three Rhone Valley wine appellations, including the medieval village of Châteauneuf-du-Pape, known in particular for its highly-alcoholic red and white wines.
- On your final day in Avignon you’re free to explore the imposing Palais des Pape, then take in the surroundings from the gardens of Rocher des Doms, or maybe venture out into the surrounding lush lavender fields.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on 4* hotel accommodation that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. Please note upgrades are also available -please ask for details. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK