Taste the wines of Provence and the Rhône, as you’re chauffeured from the bustling city of Avignon to the sleepy fields of Provence and the historic village of Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £429pp
- Stay in the picturesque walled city of arty Avignon and lose yourself in ancient alleyways
- Explore Provence in style with a chauffeured wine tour and tastings at three Rhône Valley wine appellations
- Sample wine fit for a pope during a visit to the famous Châteauneuf-du-Pape appellation
A Sample Itinerary
- Arrive in style with a bottle of local wine to welcome you. On the first day of your Provence wine tour, take the chance to explore Avignon’s picturesque squares, shops and galleries and see artists, actors, mimes and musicians plying their trade around the spectacular Palais des Papes. Then it’s on to a pre-dinner tasting where you’ll enjoy a range of the region’s most prestigious wines including the rosés for which Provence is most famous, alongside a selection of local cheeses.
- After breakfast there’s no time to waste as you meet your English-speaking guide and head off for your first Provencal wine tasting. Here you’ll learn secrets old and new as you compare the winemaking techniques of yesterday and today – today, the region is still known first and foremost as the only in the world to specialise in the production of rosé wines. Then enjoy tasting at three Rhone Valley wine appellations, including the medieval village of Châteauneuf-du-Pape, known in particular for its highly-alcoholic red and white wines.
- On your final day in Avignon you’re free to explore the imposing Palais des Pape, then take in the surroundings from the gardens of Rocher des Doms, or maybe venture out into the surrounding lush lavender fields.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on 4* hotel accommodation that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. Please note upgrades are also available -please ask for details. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Amazing six days in Tuscany. We did a Chianti tour followed by a Brunello tour. Everything from the flights, car hire, hotels, guide and restaurant recommendations were great. Our guide took us to some lovely family owned vineyards and was very knowledgeable. We will definitely use Smooth Red again.
I don't usually put reviews but we have just been absolutely blown away by this weekend organised by Smooth Red! The staff were really friendly and managed to cater for all our requirements. A really informative and fun weekend. Even restaurant suggestions were superb and we really had a lovely time. I have already recommended to friends and family and will definitely be using Smooth red again for future wine tasting adventures!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK