Experience the stunning city of Florence, jewel of the Italian Renaissance, with tastings and lunches at Tuscany’s finest wineries and the chance to explore one of the world’s richest centres of art and culture.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £548pp
- Two nights in a central hotel in the beautiful heart of Florence
- Explore in style with a chauffeured wine tasting tour through the stunning vineyards of Chianti Classico and discover the secrets of Tuscan viticulture
- Savor local delicacies including lunch above a famous butcher’s shop in Panzano
A Sample Itinerary
- After settling into your hotel in Florence you’re whisked off to an authentic local Enoteca for your first taste of Tuscan wines alongside local canapés. The perfect pre-dinner Tuscan wine tasting.
- After breakfast it’s time to start your chauffeured Tuscan wine tour. Just sit back and relax as your guide leads the way across stunning scenery en route to the cellars of a local winery to discover the secrets of Tuscan viticulture. This is followed by a lunch of local delicacies above a famous butcher’s shop in Panzano, then on to another Tuscan wine tasting.
- The day is yours to explore the city before heading home; the Renaissance-era sights and delights of Florence.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on 4* hotel that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. Please note that we also have a number of lovely 5* options available. Please note that this tour is semi-private which means that there may be up to seven other wine enthusiasts with you – still allowing for an informed and intimate experience with the winemakers themselves. private tours can also be arranged.
Getting Here: British Airways and CityJet both fly from London City airport to Florence airport. Vueling operates from London Gatwick. You can also fly to nearby Pisa airport with an approximate 2 hour transfer to Florence city centre. British Airways, Ryanair and Easyjet all offer flights from the UK to Pisa. SmoothRed would be happy to assist with car hire or rail or bus transfers from Pisa. We are ATOL and ABTA bonded which ensures financial protection on all travel bookings.
The Italian rail system is connected with the rest of Europe, so travelling in from cities around the continent is relatively easy. Pisa and Grosseto are two of the major rail hubs in the region, and Florence itself has two stations – Santa Maria Novella in the city centre and Campo di Marte in the north-east of the city.
If you’re coming from London by rail, the easiest route is via Paris on the Eurostar and then via Turin on the TGV followed by a high-speed train to Florence. This route will take approximately 14 hours, though the Thello night train also travels from Paris to Italy, and might be an easier option.
From Florence, it’s only a short drive to most of the towns in Tuscany. Pisa takes around an hour, whilst Grosseto takes just under two. The furthest reaches of the region, to the south, will take no more than 2½ hours, so nowhere in Tuscany should take any longer than that to get to from Florence.
Nearby Wine Regions: If you like red wines you might also like the rich Barolos of the Piedmont wine region which are only a 4.5 hour drive north west of Tuscany. Or perhaps the bubbles of the world-famousProsecco wine region are tempting? Just 4.5 hours drive north east is Venice and home to this world famous fizz. Why not extend your holiday and tick another wine region off your list? Are regional experts would be happy to make the arrangements for you.
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK