Our self-guided bike trip of Burgundy allows you the freedom to travel independently whenever it suits you, supported by our local knowledge, route notes and bikes.
Highlights of this Wine Tour4 days from £609pp
- Rest those weary legs with three nights stay in the heart of historic Beaune, with a hearty breakfast before you saddle-up
- Breathe in the fresh air as you cycle along picturesque vineyard paths, then quench your thirst with superb wine tastings and dining en route
- Take an oenological tour followed by a seven-course tasting lunch with 8 wines at a beautiful family domaine
- Restore your appetite with a further tasting lunch with six wines – you’ve earned it
A Sample Itinerary
- As you arrive in Beaune, settle into your hotel before stepping out on the cobbles to explore this captivating town. Upon your arrival at the hotel, your cycle package and fitted, fully equipped bikes are awaiting you. Wander the medieval streets of Beaune, its ramparts, the Collegial church of Notre-Dame with its 15th century tapestries, and have a drink in one of the many Cafés on the main square!
- Your ride today takes you north of Beaune, to Aloxe-Corton. The small vineyard roads, and sea of vines around you, crisscrossed by tiny villages makes for heavenly riding. You will stop here for a visit of the tower and the vaulted cellar built in the 13th century. Following your visit you will sample perhaps some of the finest white wines in the world, together with a Burgundy tasting lunch at this family estate in the heart of the vineyards.
- Today you’ll cycle to Puligny-Montrachet. This Veloroute winds its way along vineyard paths and is the best way to discover them. It offers mostly little vineyard paths used by winegrowers and grape harvesters. An appetising journey in the heart of Burgundy wines, passing through picturesque villages. Your Burgundy wine tasting tour continues apace as you delve into local vineyards with your specialist guide and learn about the terroir, techniques and types of grape used to make these stunning wines. You’ll then take a tour of a renowned estate to discover the details of the winemaking process, before lunching on a seven-course Burgundy wine tasting menu, with a selection of 8 exquisite specimens for you to sip (or even swig).
- After breakfast stroll to one of the region’s longest family cellars where you’ll enjoy your last Burgundy wine tasting! There’s just enough time to explore Beaune’s labyrinthine back streets and alleyways, before bidding farewell to the capital of Burgundy wines.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on 3* hotel options, that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. Please note upgrades are also available -please ask for details. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Amazing six days in Tuscany. We did a Chianti tour followed by a Brunello tour. Everything from the flights, car hire, hotels, guide and restaurant recommendations were great. Our guide took us to some lovely family owned vineyards and was very knowledgeable. We will definitely use Smooth Red again.
I don't usually put reviews but we have just been absolutely blown away by this weekend organised by Smooth Red! The staff were really friendly and managed to cater for all our requirements. A really informative and fun weekend. Even restaurant suggestions were superb and we really had a lovely time. I have already recommended to friends and family and will definitely be using Smooth red again for future wine tasting adventures!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK