Stay in a luxurious boutique wine house hotel and discover the secrets of the Douro Valley, sampling the finest wines in and around Porto on this unique wine experience.
Highlights of this Wine Tour4 days from £694pp
- Three nights accommodation in a boutique hotel the heart of Porto
- A 50 minutes cruise taking in the majestic architecture of of the 6 bridges in Porto
- Sample exquisite wines from one of the best Port producers in Vila Nova de Gaia
- Explore in style with a private chauffeured port tasting tour along the Douro valley
- Feast on a 6 course lunch in a breathtaking location
- Stay in a boutique wine house hotel in the Douro Valley
- Dinner and wines in the comfort of your accommodation
A Sample Itinerary
- After setting in your Porto hotel, the perfect pre-dinner tasting is just across the bridge in Vila Nova de Gaia. Explore Vila Nova de Gaia, a bustling, important town in the North region, right in front of the great Porto city, separated by the magnificent Douro river
- Discover Porto! The city is a hidden gem with a quaint and magical quality about it that can only be discovered by walking its streets. Some of the historical highlights are the Porto Cathedral, the gothic-style Church of Saint Francis and the old Stock Exchange Palace. Discover this magic on a cruise of the 6 bridges as the architectural forms of the city of Porto emerge majestically.
- Setting off in the morning with your private guide, you’ll explore the stunning scenery of the Douro Valley along the winding roads towards Pinhao. There you’ll take a tour of a famous Port Lodge and wander through vineyards with dramatic views across the surrounding hills and nearby Távora River. A 6 course lunch with 6 wines will be served in a magnificently placed restaurant with terraced garden commanding views down the Douro. Tonight you will stay in boutique hotel, converted Port Lodge, a working vineyard and winery with dinner and wines included.
- After breakfast, take the morning to explore some more of Porto at your leisure before private transfers back to the airport.
Getting Here: Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport is only 15km away from Port city centre. A number of tour operators operate from the UK including British Airways from Heathrow, EasyJet and TAP Portugal from London Gatwick, EasyJet from London Luton, Ryanair from London Stansted (Ryanair) as well as Easyjet from Bristol and Manchester. Porto is approximately a three hour drive from Lisbon. SmoothRed is ABTA and ATOL bonded and will happily make secure travel arrangements for you and your group.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on 3* hotel that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. Please note upgrades are also available – please ask for details. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Nearby Wine Regions: Lisbon, the capital of Portugal is approximately a three hour drive south of Porto and as the nation’s capital offers both amazing site seeing and a unique opportunity to try wines from all over Portugal. Why not tick Lisbon off your list while you’re here?
Amazing six days in Tuscany. We did a Chianti tour followed by a Brunello tour. Everything from the flights, car hire, hotels, guide and restaurant recommendations were great. Our guide took us to some lovely family owned vineyards and was very knowledgeable. We will definitely use Smooth Red again.
I don't usually put reviews but we have just been absolutely blown away by this weekend organised by Smooth Red! The staff were really friendly and managed to cater for all our requirements. A really informative and fun weekend. Even restaurant suggestions were superb and we really had a lovely time. I have already recommended to friends and family and will definitely be using Smooth red again for future wine tasting adventures!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK