Embark on a journey from Strasbourg along the Route du Vin, experiencing the culture and heritage (and, of course, the wines) of Alsace along the way.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £259pp
- Explore in style with a chauffeured wine tour of two wineries in the famous Alsace Route du Vin, passing through Pinot Blanc, Sylvaner, Riesling, Muscat and Pinot Gris wine producing regions
- Savour a tasting experience in a wine shop in the heart of Strabsourg with cheeses and local delicatessen
- Two nights accommodation in the heart of historical Strasbourg, a classified world heritage site
A Sample Itinerary
- Discover the beautiful city of Strasbourg with a great deal of architectural and historical heritage to admire. Your Alsace wine tour begins with a pre-dinner tasting, offering a range of the region’s most prestigious wines along with cheeses and local delicatessen.
- Your Alsace wine tasting tour continues following the Alsace ‘Route du Vin’, passing through Pinot Blanc, Sylvaner, Riesling, Muscat and Pinot Gris wine producing regions. Your English-speaking guide will chauffeur you to two wineries during the half day tour.
- On your final day in the city, stroll though the historical centre of Strasbourg- a classified UNESCO World Heritage Site, the first city in France to be so honoured. If you have not done it yet, visit the sandstone Gothic Cathedral with its famous astronomical clock.
Getting Here: Strasbourg is a pleasant six hour train journey from London on the Eurostar/TGV via Paris. The town of Colmar is also ideally located between Strasbourg and Basel airports. Easyjet offers affordable flights to Strasbourg Airport from London Gatwick and Easyjet, RyanAir and British Airways all fly from all London airports to Basel airport. SmoothRed is ATOL and ABTA bonded and we would be happy to make travel arrangements for you. For those wishing to self drive we would happily suggest an itinerary combining Alsace with perhaps nearby Champagne or Burgundy wine regions.
Need to know: All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer. Please note that the wine tours are semi-private and may include up to seven other wine enthusiasts but still allowing for an intimate and informed experience with the winemakers. We can arrange for exclusively private tours for a special occasion, just let us know.
Upgrade: This package is based on 3* hotel accommodation. We also have a range of 4* and 5* options available which one of our sales experts will be happy to arrange for you.
Nearby Wine Regions: Alsace is well located to explore the bubbles of Champagne and the pinot noirs of Burgundy; both wine regions are a pleasant 3.5 hour drive away. Why not extend your holiday and tick another world-famous wine region off your list? We’ll sort the details.
3* Hotel Grand
4* Hotel Les Haras
5* Hotel Regent Petite France
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK