A voyage of discovery to beautiful medieval villages with timeless charm surrounded by fertile hillsides. Follow the wine route that has become famous to the world for its exceptional natural beauty as it leads you across rows of undulating, vine-covered hills and through quaint, sleepy villages.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £496pp
- A hire car for the duration of the trip
- 2 nights at a 4* hotel and 3 days staying in Strasbourg and exploring the very best of the Alsace wine region
- Indulge in local wines and perfectly matched Alsatian specialties in a botuique wine bar
- Explore in style with a chauffeured wine tour to 4 wineries, sampling Pinot Blanc, Sylvaner, Riesling, Muscat and Pinot Gris grape varieties
- Lose yourself in the superb Gothic and Renaissance architecture and local history of this UNESCO world heritage city of Strasbourg
- Rest your head in a centrally located hotel with 3*, 4* and 5* options available
A Sample Itinerary
- On arrival in Basel, pick up the hire car and drive to Strasbourg. Discover the beautiful city of Strasbourg with a great deal of architectural and historical heritage to admire. Your Alsace wine tour begins with a pre-dinner tasting in a stylish wine boutique, in the heart of the city, offering a range of the region’s most prestigious wines along with cheeses and local delicacies. Rest your head in a 4* hotel in the heart of Strasbourg.
- Your Alsace wine tasting tour continues following the Alsace ‘Route du Vin’ with a full day’s tour of the region, passing through Pinot Blanc, Sylvaner ,Riesling, Muscat and Pinot Gris wine producing regions. Your English-speaking guide will chauffeur you to four wineries during the day sampling up to 20 wines. During the day you will stop in Mittelbergheim, Dambach la ville known for the Grand Cru Frankstein and the Ribeauvillé/Riquewihr wine area. In the late afternoon, your guide will take you back to Strasbourg centre.
- On your final day in the city, stroll though the historical centre of Strasbourg- a classified UNESCO World Heritage Site, the first city in France to be so honoured. If you have not done it yet, visit the sandstone Gothic Cathedral with its famous astronomical clock.
Getting Here: Strasbourg is a pleasant six hour train journey from London on the Eurostar/TGV via Paris. The town of Colmar is also ideally located between Strasbourg and Basel airports. Easyjet offers affordable flights to Strasbourg Airport from London Gatwick and Easyjet, RyanAir and British Airways all fly from all London airports to Basel airport. SmoothRed is ATOL and ABTA bonded and we would be happy to make travel arrangements for you. For those wishing to self drive we would happily suggest an itinerary combining Alsace with perhaps nearby Champagne or Burgundy wine regions.
Need to know: All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer. Please note that the wine tours are semi-private and may include up to seven other wine enthusiasts but still allowing for an intimate and informed experience with the winemakers. We can arrange for exclusively private tours for a special occasion, just let us know.
Upgrade: This package is based on 4* hotel accommodation. We have a number of lovely 3* and 5* options available should you wish.
Nearby Wine Regions: Alsace is well located to explore the bubbles of Champagne and the pinot noirs of Burgundy; both wine regions are a pleasant 3.5 hour drive away. Why not extend your holiday and tick another world-famous wine region off your list? We’ll sort the details.
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK