Relax like royalty in your very own Château – The Domain de la Tortinière, located in the heart of the Loire Valley’s wine region and nearby to the historic town of Tours. Soak up the history and the world-famous Cabernet Francs, Sancerres and Pouilly-Fumés with an expert wine guide.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £897pp
- Stay in the comfort of your four star château hotel and serene fifteen hectare park
- Start your holiday with a welcome bottle of sparkling Vouvray Château gaudrelle on on arrival
- Spend the day in the vineyards with your dedicated wine expert and chauffeur
- Visits three prestigious estates and taste a range of Cabernet Franc, Chenin Blanc, Pouilly-Fumés and Sancerres.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch in the grounds of a château amongst the Cabernet Franc vines
A Sample Itinerary
- Self-drive to the luxurious four star Château hotel – the Domaine de la Tortinière, located in the heart of the historic Loire Valley Châteaux region. Built during France’s second empire this château has a fifteen hectare wooded park with views of the Indre valley and a modern interior. Start your holiday with a complimentary bottle of sparkling Vouvray Château gaudrelle on arrival – the perfect way to begin your wine adventure and get a taste for the wines to come. If you’re feeling adventurous, a short drive away is the Châteaux of d’Azay-le-Rideau and the Château de Chenonceau two of the most famous châteaux in this region.
- Today, your expert wine guide and chauffeur will collect you from your hotel for a full day immersion into the nearby Loire Valley vineyards. Your first visit will be a family run Grand Cru Classé estate where you’ll have a tutored tasting of some of their finest Cabernet Francs. This will be followed by a visit and tasting at the cellars of another award-winning, family run estate. Here you’ll stop for a picnic lunch in the grounds of their chateau, sat amongst the Cabernet Franc vines. Lunch will consist of seasonal local delicacies, accompanied by your choice of wine. The third visit is to the Rochecorbon caves and the remarkable troglodyte cellars – a cave dug into the Tufa cliffs. Here you’ll enjoy tastings of four wines including Pouilly-Fumés and Sancerres.
- Spend your final day relaxing at your hotel – hire bikes and explore the nearby area, enjoy the pool and massage facilities or make a final visit to historic Tours and wonder through its medieval streets and squares, half-timbered houses, paved narrow streets before bidding farewell to France’s noblest of wine regions.
Getting Here: The Loire Valley is a pleasant five hour drive from the port of Calais and three hours from the ports of St. Malo and Caen. You can take the Eurostar from London St. Pancras to Paris where you can connect with a TGV to Tours. Tours Val de Loire Airport is located just outside of Tours, and has direct connections to London Stansted Airport with Ryanair.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on a four star Château hotel that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer. Please note that the wine tours are private – allowing for an intimate experience with the winemakers.
Nearby Wine Regions: The Loire Valley is equidistant from France’s other famous wine regions; four hours drive south you can be drinking the Cabernet Sauvignons in Bordeaux, four hours east the Pinot Noirs of Burgundy and four hours north, the bubbles of Champagne. Why not extend your trip and tick another world-famous wine region off your list? – We’ll sort the details.
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK