Barcelona is a city as famous for its endless beachfront as it is for its vibrant nightlife and uniquely strange architecture, but wine-lovers know it above all for its close proximity to the Penedes wine region, home to Spain’s finest sparkling wine – Cava.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £529pp
- Paint the town red (and white and blue and yellow and green) in Spain’s prettiest and most exciting city
- Indulge in a lavish brunch in the vineyards of the Penedes
- Get stuck into the wine-making experience and blend your very own wine
A Sample Itinerary
- Arrive into Barcelona and settle into your ideally-located hotel in the centre of the city before taking the afternoon and evening to explore the sights and sounds of Spain’s most colourful city. Enjoy the architectural works of Gaudí, hit the beach or just throw yourself into the deep end of Barcelona’s world-famous nightlife.
- After breakfast in your hotel, you’ll be whisked off out of the city to the Penedes wine region – the home of Cava. Enjoy a leisurely brunch in the vineyards, set amongst some truly magnificent surrounding landscapes (think rolling vineyards, distant mountains and quaint, rustic villages), before taking part in a hands-on wine blending experience, where you’ll create – and name – your very own wine. Head back in the evening to enjoy some more of Barcelona, armed with a bottle of your produce.
- Today, take the morning to relax and see a bit more of Barcelona before catching a flight back home.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on 3* hotel that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. Please note upgrades are also available – please ask for details. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Nearby Wine Regions: Did you know that the world-famous wine region of Rioja is just a five hour drive north-west of Barcelona? Producing over 175million bottles of wine a year from its humble fertile soil, this region has lively towns and quiet pilgrim churches, state of the art machinery and estates dating back to the 14th century. Why not take a few extra days to tick this region off your list? – We’ll sort the details!
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK