Barcelona is a city as famous for its endless beachfront as it is for its vibrant nightlife and uniquely strange architecture, but wine-lovers know it above all for its close proximity to the Penedes wine region, home to Spain’s finest sparkling wine – Cava.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £529pp
- Paint the town red (and white and blue and yellow and green) in Spain’s prettiest and most exciting city
- Indulge in a lavish brunch in the vineyards of the Penedes
- Get stuck into the wine-making experience and blend your very own wine
A Sample Itinerary
- Arrive into Barcelona and settle into your ideally-located hotel in the centre of the city before taking the afternoon and evening to explore the sights and sounds of Spain’s most colourful city. Enjoy the architectural works of Gaudí, hit the beach or just throw yourself into the deep end of Barcelona’s world-famous nightlife.
- After breakfast in your hotel, you’ll be whisked off out of the city to the Penedes wine region – the home of Cava. Enjoy a leisurely brunch in the vineyards, set amongst some truly magnificent surrounding landscapes (think rolling vineyards, distant mountains and quaint, rustic villages), before taking part in a hands-on wine blending experience, where you’ll create – and name – your very own wine. Head back in the evening to enjoy some more of Barcelona, armed with a bottle of your produce.
- Today, take the morning to relax and see a bit more of Barcelona before catching a flight back home.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on 3* hotel that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. Please note upgrades are also available – please ask for details. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Nearby Wine Regions: Did you know that the world-famous wine region of Rioja is just a five hour drive north-west of Barcelona? Producing over 175million bottles of wine a year from its humble fertile soil, this region has lively towns and quiet pilgrim churches, state of the art machinery and estates dating back to the 14th century. Why not take a few extra days to tick this region off your list? – We’ll sort the details!
Amazing six days in Tuscany. We did a Chianti tour followed by a Brunello tour. Everything from the flights, car hire, hotels, guide and restaurant recommendations were great. Our guide took us to some lovely family owned vineyards and was very knowledgeable. We will definitely use Smooth Red again.
I don't usually put reviews but we have just been absolutely blown away by this weekend organised by Smooth Red! The staff were really friendly and managed to cater for all our requirements. A really informative and fun weekend. Even restaurant suggestions were superb and we really had a lovely time. I have already recommended to friends and family and will definitely be using Smooth red again for future wine tasting adventures!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK