The Bordeaux Château Experience offers you world class vineyards and wine tasting, combined with visits to some of the finest châteaux France has to offer.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £884pp
- Relax with local private transfers to and from the airport
- Stay in an elegant private château in the heart of Margaux, home to over 21 cru classé châteaux and 1413 hectares of vineyards
- Visit and tastings at three Grand Cru Classé Châteaux in the Médoc chauffeured by a private guide, to learn the complexities of wine-making and taste some of the famed Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon wines of the Left Bank
- Indulge yourself with a 3 course lunch overlooking the Bages plateau
A Sample Itinerary
- Relax with local private transfers from the airport to the Médoc region and start your experience with a complementary bottle of wine on arrival at the elegant private château – a sumptuous marriage of tradition and luxury set amongst the sprawling expanse of vineyards on which the grapes for the chateau’s wines are grown, and a magnificently refined, atmospheric and charming place.
- The second day of your Bordeaux wine tasting trip is devoted to the majestic Médoc. Along with your private guide you’ll follow the famous Route des Châteaux stopping for tastings at prestigious classified growth châteaux along the way. Lunch with accompanying wine is served at a famed brasserie in the heart of the Pauillac vineyards. Your tour and further tastings continue after lunch.
- Before heading back to the airport, enjoy the serenity and the pool of your accommodation or perhaps have a picnic in the vineyards before you relax with local private transfers to the airport.
A number of airlines including British Airways, EasyJet and Ryanair offer seasonal flights to Bordeaux from the UKs major airports including London Gatwick, London Luton, Bristol, Glasgow, Liverpool and Edinburgh.
Eurostar and TGV trains run directly to Bordeaux-Saint-Jean, in the centre of the city, from Paris’ Gare du Nord and Lille. Travel from London St. Pancras will require a quick change at Gare du Nord, though a direct (albeit slower) route via Lille is available.
If you’re looking for a more scenic route, the drive from Paris takes about 5½ hours. If you’re coming from the UK, a ferry can take you from Plymouth, Weymouth, Bournemouth or Portsmouth to St. Malo or Portsmouth to Caen – the subsequent drive to Bordeaux will take around 5 hours and 5½ hours respectively.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based in elegant château accommodation (please note each room is uniquely individual), that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Nearby Wine Regions: Bordeaux is well positioned between a number of other world-renowned wine regions including Rioja in Spain – the heartland of Spanish red wine is a five hour drive South west of Bordeaux. Five hours drive south west is the unspoilt region of Languedoc-Roussillon and the world-famous Châteauneuf-du-Pape and five hours drive north are the well-loved Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumés of the Loire Valley. Why not stay a little longer and tick another wine region off your list?
Elegant Chateau Marojaillia in the heart of the vineyards
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
This was such an amazing trip and I will be booking through Smoothred again to do this same trip and will book many more trips them. There constant support was awesome. It was a perfect holiday and we didn’t have to lift a finger; they arrange the transfers to and from the airport, the chateau, food & wine on the first day and a full day of tours.
The chateau was the perfect location in a quaint little town called de Lilly. It is about a 15-20min taxi ride from the Reims train station. There are a handful of champagne houses in the town and a bakery and butcher. We walked around the town in about 20 mins. It is a beautiful chateau with some of the best hotel staff we have come across ever. We had a beautiful room which faced the courtyard which was lovey when you opened the windows to hear the water from the fountain and birds. The bed was huge and the room was spacious and clean. There was really good Wi-Fi and we received a glass of champagne on arrival. With the smooth red package, you get a 5 course meal which was AMAZING and 3 bottles of alcohol which was really good quality; champagne, white & red wine. There is Jacuzzi and sauna downstairs which is very nice and clean. The chateau is perfectly located in-between Reims and Epernay via a 20/30 min taxi ride. Smoothred book you 3 tours which I highly recommend to do. We did the Moet tour which was really informative and a good start to the day. Then we went to 2 family run houses which we by far the tastiest champagne. The lunch was really good quality at the first champagne house. You taste around 10 glasses for champagne across the day so do stay hydrated! We will be coming back again soon. I could not fault the trip at all. Perfect location, divine food, amazing staff, beautiful rooms, stunning grounds and just a perfect trip all round. Thank you Smoothred!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK