Our self-guided bike trip of Bordeaux allows you the freedom to travel independently whenever it suits you, supported by our local knowledge, route notes and bikes.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £389pp
- Begin with a unique tasting experience at a wine gallery in the heart of the city sampling three of the region’s finest wines with local delicacies
- Discover 20km of Saint-Émilion’s most beautiful vineyards on bike! Breathe in the fresh air and quench your thirst on the finest wines at two châteaux pit-stops
- Take a guided walk through the charming village of Saint-Émilion – a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Rest your head and weary legs in a hotel the heart of bustling Bordeaux, moments from all the bars brasseries and restaurants
- Sample local specialties over lunch in the garden of a châteaux
A Sample Itinerary
- Check-in at an ideally located 3* hotel in the heart of Bordeaux city and start your afternoon with a pre-dinner tasting of three wines with local delicacies.
- Your Bordeaux wine tasting tour continues on bike! – Breathe in 20km of stunning vineyards and quench your thirst on the wines from Saint-Émilion region. During the day you will visit and taste wines from two Châteaux and enjoy a well deserved lunch in the garden of one of the estates.
- On your final day in the city, soak up the ambiance of Bordeaux’s many brasseries and bars and see for yourself why this city is a designated UNESCO world heritage site. A stroll along one of Europe’s longest shopping esplanades is also a must, passing over 350 historical monuments along your way.
A number of airlines including British Airways, EasyJet and Ryanair offer seasonal flights to Bordeaux from the UKs major airports including London Gatwick, London Luton, Bristol, Glasgow, Liverpool and Edinburgh.
Eurostar and TGV trains run directly to Bordeaux-Saint-Jean, in the centre of the city, from Paris’ Gare du Nord and Lille. Travel from London St. Pancras will require a quick change at Gare du Nord, though a direct (albeit slower) route via Lille is available.
If you’re looking for a more scenic route, the drive from Paris takes about 5½ hours. If you’re coming from the UK, a ferry can take you from Folkstone to Calais or from Plymouth, Weymouth, Bournemouth or Portsmouth to St. Malo or Portsmouth to Caen – the subsequent drive to Bordeaux will take around 8 hours and 5½ hours respectively.
Need to know: This package is based on 3* hotel accommodation and we have a number of 4* and 5* options available. All our packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer. The tours are semi-private and may include up to eight other people – still allowing for a very intimate experience with the wine makers. The full day wine tour includes a 50 minute drive into the scenic vineyards.
Upgrade: Should you wish to upgrade we have some lovely 4* and 5* hotels available. We can also arrange for a uniquely private wine tour and tastings for an extra special occasion. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Nearby Wine Regions: Bordeaux is well positioned between a number of other world-renowned wine regions including Rioja in Spain – the heartland of Spanish red wine is a five hour drive South west of Bordeaux. Five hours drive south west is the unspoilt region of Languedoc-Roussillon and the world-famous Châteauneuf-du-Pape and five hours drive north are the well-loved Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumé of the Loire Valley. Why not stay a little longer and tick another wine region off your list?
3* Hotel Quality
4* Hotel de Seze
5* Hotel Grand
Amazing six days in Tuscany. We did a Chianti tour followed by a Brunello tour. Everything from the flights, car hire, hotels, guide and restaurant recommendations were great. Our guide took us to some lovely family owned vineyards and was very knowledgeable. We will definitely use Smooth Red again.
I don't usually put reviews but we have just been absolutely blown away by this weekend organised by Smooth Red! The staff were really friendly and managed to cater for all our requirements. A really informative and fun weekend. Even restaurant suggestions were superb and we really had a lovely time. I have already recommended to friends and family and will definitely be using Smooth red again for future wine tasting adventures!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK