Settle into a luxury spa hotel in the heart of Médoc before heading out onto the fairways, then enjoy tastings at some of Bordeaux’s finest wineries.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £489pp
- Enjoy luxury accommodation in a 4* star golf spa hotel with stunning views
- Private transfers throughout your trip
- Golf at one of the most renowned golfing destinations in France
- Visit and wine tasting at a world famous Grand Cru Château in Pauillac
- Vineyard Brasserie lunch with accompanying wine
A Sample Itinerary
- As you arrive in Bordeaux, settle into your luxury spa hotel with a welcome drink on the panoramic roof terrace overlooking the golf course. Depending on flight timings there is the option to play the Vignes course on your first afternoon .
- Enjoy a day of Golf at the Médoc’s Les Châteaux, a challenging golf course, respecting the pure tradition of Scottish links, with wide fairways bordered by heather, gorse, and broom and unspoilt natural surroundings.
- After breakfast visit a world famous Grand Cru châteaux in Pauillac for a series of tastings followed by a vineyard brasserie lunch with accompanying wine. Private return transfers.
Need to know: Price is based on 4 people travelling in twin room occupancy. This is a tailor-made itinerary that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Getting Here: A number of airlines including British Airways, EasyJet and Ryanair offer seasonal flights to Bordeaux from the UKs major airports including London Gatwick, London Luton, Bristol, Glasgow, Liverpool and Edinburgh.
Eurostar and TGV trains run directly to Bordeaux-Saint-Jean, in the centre of the city, from Paris’ Gare du Nord and Lille. Travel from London St. Pancras will require a quick change at Gare du Nord, though a direct (albeit slower) route via Lille is available.
If you’re looking for a more scenic route, the drive from Paris takes about 5½ hours. If you’re coming from the UK, a ferry can take you from Plymouth, Weymouth, Bournemouth or Portsmouth to St. Malo or Portsmouth to Caen – the subsequent drive to Bordeaux will take around 5 hours and 5½ hours respectively.
Nearby Wine Regions: Bordeaux is well positioned between a number of other world-renowned wine regions including Rioja in Spain – the heartland of Spanish red wine is a five hour drive South west of Bordeaux. Five hours drive south west is the unspoilt region of Languedoc-Roussillon and the world-famous Châteauneuf-du-Pape and five hours drive north are the well-loved Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumés of the Loire Valley. Why not stay a little longer and tick another wine region off your list?
Golf du Medoc Hotel and Spa
Amazing six days in Tuscany. We did a Chianti tour followed by a Brunello tour. Everything from the flights, car hire, hotels, guide and restaurant recommendations were great. Our guide took us to some lovely family owned vineyards and was very knowledgeable. We will definitely use Smooth Red again.
I don't usually put reviews but we have just been absolutely blown away by this weekend organised by Smooth Red! The staff were really friendly and managed to cater for all our requirements. A really informative and fun weekend. Even restaurant suggestions were superb and we really had a lovely time. I have already recommended to friends and family and will definitely be using Smooth red again for future wine tasting adventures!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK