Bordeaux is arguably the world’s foremost wine region, and the harvest is unarguably the best time to visit – and whilst you’re there, take advantage of the hustle and bustle of the busiest time of year in the world of wine by taking part in blending process itself.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £739pp
- Stay in the vibrant, stylish city of Bordeaux
- Enjoy a pre-dinner turored wine tasting – a great way to orient yourself in the tastes and terroirs to come.
- Enjoy a full day chauffeured wine tour with wine guide in Bordeaux’s Medoc wine region
- Enjoy tastings at three prestigious Grand Cru and Cru Bourgeois estates
- Enjoy a wine blending workshop and make your own wine
A Sample Itinerary
- After arriving at your hotel in the heart of the stylish city of Bordeaux, your wine tour begins with a pre-dinner tasting with three wines, along with local delicacies.
- Today, embark on a full day’s chauffeured wine tour of three prestigious Grand Cru and Cru Bourgeois estates in the Medoc, learning the ins and outs of production and enjoying tastings at each. You’ll also experience a blending workshop, in which you will learn the art of blending and create your own wine.
- On your final day, explore the city of Bordeaux, and enjoy the ambiance, restaurants and bars that the city has to offer. Stroll along one of Europe’s longest esplanades, spend some time shopping in the Bordeaux’s many boutique shops, or perhaps visit some of Bordeaux’s 350 historical monuments, and take in the city’s splendid 18th Century architecture.
Need to know: This tour is subject to availability during the months of September and October each year. The tours and blending experience are semi-private and may include a handful of other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for a very intimate experience with the wine makers. The full day wine tour includes a 50 minute drive into the scenic vineyards.
Upgrade: Should you wish to upgrade we have some lovely 4* and 5* hotels available. We can also arrange for a uniquely private wine tour and tastings for an extra special occasion. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Getting Here: A number of airlines including British Airways, EasyJet and Ryanair offer seasonal flights to Bordeaux from the UKs major airports including London Gatwick, London Luton, Bristol, Glasgow, Liverpool and Edinburgh.
Eurostar and TGV trains run directly to Bordeaux-Saint-Jean, in the centre of the city, from Paris’ Gare du Nord and Lille. Travel from London St. Pancras will require a quick change at Gare du Nord, though a direct (albeit slower) route via Lille is available.
If you’re looking for a more scenic route, the drive from Paris takes about 5½ hours. If you’re coming from the UK, a ferry can take you from Plymouth, Weymouth, Bournemouth or Portsmouth to St. Malo or Portsmouth to Caen – the subsequent drive to Bordeaux will take around 5 hours and 5½ hours
Nearby Wine Regions: Bordeaux is well positioned between a number of other world-renowned wine regions including Rioja in Spain – the heartland of Spanish red wine is a five hour drive South west of Bordeaux. Five hours drive south west is the unspoilt region of Languedoc-Roussillon and the world-famous Châteauneuf-du-Pape and five hours drive north are the well-loved Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumés of the Loire Valley. Why not stay a little longer and tick another wine region off your list?
3* Accommodation in the heart of Bordeaux
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK