Looking for a taste of the high life? Experience the land of Dom Perignon on this three day wine adventure in one of the world’s most famous wine regions.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £449pp
- Rest your head in a charming four star hotel, ideally located in the heart of historic Reims
- Visit the world-famous Champagne house Maison Mumm and enjoy tastings of this world-renowned drink famous for its red ribbon (Cordon Rouge)
- Spend a full day with an expert wine guide who will escort you to a number of estates including the famous Moët & Chandon estate and a boutique family run Champagne house
- Taste up to nine champagnes throughout your stay in Champagne
- Refuel with a champagne tasting lunch
- Visit the village of Hautvillers and see the tomb of Dom Perignon
A Sample Itinerary
- After settling into your hotel in the heart of historic Reims, set off to visit the world famous Maison Mumm Champagne house and enjoy two tutored tastings. This brand founded in 1827, founded by the Mumm family whose lineage includes barons and knights, dating back to the 12th century boasts one of the largest cellars in the heart of Reims. After exploring Reims in the evening, relax with a glass of bubbles in the comfort of your accommodation’s trendy Champagne bar (not included).
- The following day your friendly English speaking wine guide will take you on a full days wine tour to the nearby Côtes des Blancs and Grand Cru Village vineyards. Enjoy the scenery of the grandeur of the famous Avenue du Champagne in Epernay. Today you will visit two estates including the sparkling and glamorous Moët & Chandon, this legendary brand is now one of the most expensive estates in the region . You will also visit a family run estate where you’ll meet the maker and be invited to explore their cellars, taste their wines and share their passion whilst you learn a few things about the production process. You’ll sample at least seven Champagnes throughout the day and stop for a leisurely champagne tasting lunch in a nearby restaurant or another wine estate. This day tour includes a visit to the village of Hautvillers and a chance to see the tomb of Dom Perignon – the monk to which we owe thanks for all these bubbles.
- The final day in the Capital of Champagne is yours to explore. Perhaps a visit to the gothic splendour of Notre Dame Cathedral, a final wander among the winding streets of Reims or simply relax in your hotel’s pool before returning home.
Need to know: Please note that the full day wine tour is semi-private which means you might be sharing your visits with seven other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for an intimate and informed experience.
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK