Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £298pp
- Explore the historic city of Reims and visit some magnificent monuments such as impressive Notre-Dame de Reims.
- Visit the world-famous Champagne house Mumm and enjoy a tasting of this world-renowned drink.
- Enjoy a half day wine tour on the Route de Champagne with your expert wine guide and driver who will escort you during the duration of your tour.
- Visit two boutique champagne estates and learn about the different stages of the elaboration of champagne, followed by few tastings.
- Visit Hautvillers village and the abbey where the monk Dom Pérignon is buried.
A Sample Itinerary
- Arrive to your 3* hotel in the heart of historic Reims. After settling in and exploring the city centre spend the afternoon visiting the world-renowned Mumm Champagne house.
- The following morning your wine guide and driver will collect you from your hotel. Today you’ll set off on the Route de Champagne and enjoy a visit to two boutique Champagne houses. Here you’ll meet the passionate people behind the wines which this region is so famous and learn about the different stages of the elaboration of champagne, followed by few tastings. You’ll also visit Hautvillers village and the abbey where the world famous monk Dom Pérignon is buried. The afternoon is yours to explore the ancient city of Reims: visit the Cathedral of Notre Dame or the magnificent Saint Remi Basilica, or visit any of Reims’ world-renowned museums or galleries.
- Enjoy breakfast and explore some more of Reims with a chance to visit one of the regions famed Champenoise restaurants before heading home.
Need to know: Please note that the half day wine tour is semi-private which means you might be sharing your visits with seven other wine enthusiasts – still allowing for an intimate and informed experience.
Nearby Wine Regions: Did you know that Champagne is only a 3.5 hour drive from Alsace, Burgundy and Loire – three more of France’s most outstanding wine regions. If you’ve got a few extra days why not combine your trip with one of these other destinations?
Upgrades: All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer. This package is based on 3* hotel accommodation and we have some lovely 4* and 5* hotels available. We can also arrange for a uniquely private wine tour and tastings for an extra special occasion.
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK