Visit Montpellier, a stylish metropolis with elegant buildings, stately boulevards, gorgeous sand beaches and vineyards on its doorstep.
Highlights of this Wine Tour5 days from £739pp
- Stay in a boutique hotel in the heart of Montpellier
- Return flights to Montpellier
- Explore in style with a chauffeured gourmet day tour
- Visit of an oyster farm, learn all about the production and taste oysters freshly out of the water
- Visit one of the most famous Château of the region, Château Puech Haut
- Taste the famous Picpoul de Pinet
- Three course lunch with accompanying wines of the region
- Relax on a half day tour around Pic Saint-Loup visiting two estates and tasting 8 wines!
A Sample Itinerary
- Relax with direct flights to Montpellier. The Airport shuttle runs hourly and takes 15 minutes. Stay in a 3* boutique hotel in the heart of the city
- After breakfast there’s no time to waste as you meet your English-speaking guide, the day begins with a visit to a family farm of olive oil, taste the specialties of the house: The farigoule with perfumes of garrigues and the famous lucque olives. Later that morning visit one of the most famous château of the region, the château Puech Haut. A 3-course gourmet meal accompanied by a glass of wine in a local restaurant. In the afternoon discover the Thau laguna, visit of an oyster farm, learn all about the production and taste them freshly out of the water. Finish the afternoon by visiting a magnificent vineyard located in a Renaissance castle. You will visit the cellar and the oak barrel cellars, then taste their excellent range of red, white and rosé wines, and of course the local specialty, Picpoul de Pinet!
- Take the chance to get under the skin of Montpellier; A free day to explore Montpellier, the most seductive city in the south of France, elegant and cultured, with a warm autumn. The focus of the city is around the beautiful Place de la Comedie and the adjoining large open, tree-lined areas of the Esplanade Charles de Gaulle, and in the narrow streets of the old town to the north and west of these boulevards. Montpellier is a joy to discover on foot
- Meet your English-speaking guide, and set off on a half day tour to discover a stunning natural landscape bathed in the aromas of the “garrigue”. Visit two wine estates of different size, style and history in order to discover the diversity of one of our most beautiful wine-growing areas. During the visits, you’ll learn all about wine, from the working of the vines to vinification and aging. The day concludes with a short tasting workshop will teach you the art of describing and appreciating a wine.
- Relax over a leisurely breakfast, a chance to saunter the streets of Montpellier before travelling home
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on 3* hotel accommodation that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. Please note upgrades are also available -please ask for details. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer. The tours are semi-private and may include a maximum eight people – still allowing for a very intimate experience with the wine makers.
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK