Discover one of the world’s most underrated wine regions; relax in the heart of the vineyards with a romantic Chateau stay and a day in the Minervois vineyards.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £579pp
- Stay in a 16th century Chateau set in the middle of the vineyards and olive groves
- Explore in style with a chauffeured wine tour and tastings at family-owned and larger estates – comparing old and new wine making techniques
- A day sampling the very finest wines in La Livinière – the only “Cru” in the Minervois
A Sample Itinerary
- Drive through the Languedoc vineyards and olive groves to a 16th century Chateau, set in the appellation of Minervois, where you will stay for two nights. Once settled into the Chateau, discover a boutique winery set at the foot of the Montagne Noire in Siran. This family-run domain specialises in producing Syrah, Carignan, Cinsault and Mourvèdre grape varieties. Enjoy your first wine tasting in the Languedoc! That evening, unwind with a superb dinner with a carefully selected wine pairing in the comfort your accommodation.
- After breakfast there’s no time to waste as you meet your English-speaking guide and head off for your first Languedoc wine tasting tour. Here you’ll learn secrets old and new as you compare the wine-making techniques of yesterday and today tasting Syrah (Shiraz), Grenache and Carignan plus delicious white wine made from the Viognier grapes. Then it’s off to enjoy a three course lunch with wines in the once-besieged-now-beloved village of Minerve. In the afternoon, your guide will take you for a further Languedoc wine tasting in a local family-owned domaine in La Livinière, home to the only ‘Cru’ in the Minervois.
- Take a final dip in the Chateau swimming pool set in a romantic courtyard, or a last glass of wine in the tranquil and relaxing garden sheltered under a lime tree before returning home. Alternatively, take the chance to get under the skin of the fairy-tale town of Carcassonne; the fortified town is home to La Cité, one of the most remarkable medieval sights in the world and a deserving UNESCO World Heritage site.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on staying in a 16th century Chateau and we can happily adapt this trip to suit your requirements. Please note upgrades are also available -please ask for details. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Amazing six days in Tuscany. We did a Chianti tour followed by a Brunello tour. Everything from the flights, car hire, hotels, guide and restaurant recommendations were great. Our guide took us to some lovely family owned vineyards and was very knowledgeable. We will definitely use Smooth Red again.
I don't usually put reviews but we have just been absolutely blown away by this weekend organised by Smooth Red! The staff were really friendly and managed to cater for all our requirements. A really informative and fun weekend. Even restaurant suggestions were superb and we really had a lovely time. I have already recommended to friends and family and will definitely be using Smooth red again for future wine tasting adventures!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK