Discover one of the world’s most underrated wine regions; relax in the heart of the vineyards with a romantic Chateau stay and a day in the Minervois vineyards.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £584pp
- Stay in a 16th century Chateau set in the middle of the vineyards and olive groves
- Explore in style with a chauffeured wine tour and tastings at family-owned and larger estates – comparing old and new wine making techniques
- A day sampling the very finest wines in La Livinière – the only “Cru” in the Minervois
A Sample Itinerary
- Drive through the Languedoc vineyards and olive groves to a 16th century Chateau, set in the appellation of Minervois, where you will stay for two nights. Once settled into the Chateau, discover a boutique winery set at the foot of the Montagne Noire in Siran. This family-run domain specialises in producing Syrah, Carignan, Cinsault and Mourvèdre grape varieties. Enjoy your first wine tasting in the Languedoc! That evening, unwind with a superb dinner with a carefully selected wine pairing in the comfort your accommodation.
- After breakfast there’s no time to waste as you meet your English-speaking guide and head off for your first Languedoc wine tasting tour. Here you’ll learn secrets old and new as you compare the wine-making techniques of yesterday and today tasting Syrah (Shiraz), Grenache and Carignan plus delicious white wine made from the Viognier grapes. Then it’s off to enjoy a three course lunch with wines in the once-besieged-now-beloved village of Minerve. In the afternoon, your guide will take you for a further Languedoc wine tasting in a local family-owned domaine in La Livinière, home to the only ‘Cru’ in the Minervois.
- Take a final dip in the Chateau swimming pool set in a romantic courtyard, or a last glass of wine in the tranquil and relaxing garden sheltered under a lime tree before returning home. Alternatively, take the chance to get under the skin of the fairy-tale town of Carcassonne; the fortified town is home to La Cité, one of the most remarkable medieval sights in the world and a deserving UNESCO World Heritage site.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on staying in a 16th century Chateau and we can happily adapt this trip to suit your requirements. Please note upgrades are also available -please ask for details. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK