Discover one of the world’s most underrated wine regions; explore the citadel of Carcassonne and the historic village of Minerve, and experience the rustic beauty of a province out of time.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £409pp
- Stay in the stunning medieval city of Carcassonne
- Relax with a bottle of local wine on arrival
- Explore in style with a chauffeured wine tour and tastings at family-owned and larger estates – comparing old and new wine making techniques
- A day sampling the very finest wines in La Livinière – the only “Cru” in the Minervois
- Three course lunch with accompanying wines of the region
- Visit the beautiful village of Minerve and learn about the Cathar seige
A Sample Itinerary
- As you arrive in Carcassonne you’re welcomed with a smile and a complimentary bottle of wine – perfect for enjoying as you soak up the atmosphere of this fairy tale looking city. Stay in a 3* hotel just outside the medieval, and in the evening, explore the Cité de Carcassonne.
- After breakfast there’s no time to waste as you meet your English-speaking guide and head off for your first Languedoc wine tasting in an ancient winery. Here’s you’ll learn secrets old and new as you compare the winemaking techniques of yesterday and today. Your tastings will include red wine made up of the Syrah (Shiraz), Grenache and Carignan grapes plus the delicious white wine made from the Viognier grapes. Then it’s off to enjoy a three course lunch paired of course with local wines in the once-besieged-now-beloved village of Minerve, before another Languedoc wine tasting in a local family-owned domaine in La Livinière appellation. You then make your way home to Carcassonne along a route which winds through the Languedoc vineyards and olive groves with spectacular views of the Pyrenees.
- Take the chance to get under the skin of Carcassonne; the fortified town is home to La Cité, one of the most remarkable medieval sights in the world and a deserving UNESCO World Heritage site.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on 3* hotel accommodation that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. Please note upgrades are also available -please ask for details. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Amazing six days in Tuscany. We did a Chianti tour followed by a Brunello tour. Everything from the flights, car hire, hotels, guide and restaurant recommendations were great. Our guide took us to some lovely family owned vineyards and was very knowledgeable. We will definitely use Smooth Red again.
I don't usually put reviews but we have just been absolutely blown away by this weekend organised by Smooth Red! The staff were really friendly and managed to cater for all our requirements. A really informative and fun weekend. Even restaurant suggestions were superb and we really had a lovely time. I have already recommended to friends and family and will definitely be using Smooth red again for future wine tasting adventures!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK