This three day wine package is the ultimate wine therapy for the mind, body and soul. Unwind at Les Sources de Caudalie with award winning spa treatments, haute cuisine and immerse yourself with a private wine tour of the tastes and terroirs of the world famous wine region of Bordeaux.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £848pp
- Unwind for two nights at the luxury vinotherapy spa hotel surrounded by the lush vineyards of Château Smith Haut Lafitte
- Visit and tasting at a Grand Cru Classé wine estate in Pessac-Léognan
- Private guided tour of the Majestic Medoc vineyards
- Visit the vineyards of a Grand cru classé en 1855 Chateau, followed by a wine and chocolate tasting
- A vertical tasting of 5 vintages at a Cru Bourgeois Supérieur Chateau from the Haut-Médoc
- Enjoy a memorable three course lunch with accompanying wines in a vineyard restaurant
A Sample Itinerary
- Check in to Les Sources de Caudalie a tranquil, five star spa hotel surrounded by the lush vineyards of Château Smith Haut Lafitte. This afternoon enjoy a tasting and tutorial at a nearby world-famous château in Pessac-Léognan – the perfect introduction to the Merlots and Merlot blends so typical of this world-famous wine region. Before dinner relax with some treatments at the vinotherapy spa, take a dip in the pool or explore the lush hotel gardens with an aperitif with the option of a two-starred Michelin tasting menu for dinner (treatments and dinner are not included).
- The following day, your private wine guide will collect you after breakfast and you’ll be chauffeur-driven to a Grand Cru Classé wine estate in the Medoc. After a visit, your tasting will be paired with chocolates. Enjoy a three course lunch with wines in a lovely vineyard restaurant. After a relaxed lunch, your final visit will be at a Cru Bourgeois winery in Haut-Medoc. After a tour of the cellars, enjoy a vertical tasting of 5 vintages at the Chateau.
- The final day of your Bordeaux luxury château experience is yours to enjoy the numerous spa treatments on offer in your hotel, or take the time to explore the nearby Bordeaux city centre before heading home.
Need to know: This offer is valid for low season only. This is a tailor-made itinerary based on 5* hotel accommodation, that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
A number of airlines including British Airways, EasyJet and Ryanair offer seasonal flights to Bordeaux from the UKs major airports including London Gatwick, London Luton, Bristol, Glasgow, Liverpool and Edinburgh.
Eurostar and TGV trains run directly to Bordeaux-Saint-Jean, in the centre of the city, from Paris’ Gare du Nord and Lille. Travel from London St. Pancras will require a quick change at Gare du Nord, though a direct (albeit slower) route via Lille is available.
If you’re looking for a more scenic route, the drive from Paris takes about 5½ hours. If you’re coming from the UK, a ferry can take you from Plymouth, Weymouth, Bournemouth or Portsmouth to St. Malo or Portsmouth to Caen – the subsequent drive to Bordeaux will take around 5 hours and 5½ hours respectively.
Nearby Wine Regions: Bordeaux is well positioned between a number of other world-renowned wine regions including Rioja in Spain – the heartland of Spanish red wine is a five hour drive South west of Bordeaux. Five hours drive south west is the unspoilt region of Languedoc-Roussillon and the world-famous Châteauneuf-du-Pape and five hours drive north are the well-loved Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumés of the Loire Valley. Why not stay a little longer and tick another wine region off your list?
Hotel Recommendation: Les Sources de Caudalie
The Hotel Les Sources du Caudlaie is a particular favourite here at SmoothRed; a tranquil spa retreat offering 61 unique rooms in an incredible vineyard setting. Each building has been carefully crafted from recycled local materials which blend tastefully into the natural surroundings. The rooms and suites are decorated in the tasteful Acquitaine style and the L’ile aux Oiseaux Suite (Bird Island Suite) is perfect for nature lovers wishing to feel more remote. It quietly boasts a two-starred Michelin restaurant offering haute cuisine and an award winning spa offering grape-based therapies.
The hotel also offers:
Amazing six days in Tuscany. We did a Chianti tour followed by a Brunello tour. Everything from the flights, car hire, hotels, guide and restaurant recommendations were great. Our guide took us to some lovely family owned vineyards and was very knowledgeable. We will definitely use Smooth Red again.
I don't usually put reviews but we have just been absolutely blown away by this weekend organised by Smooth Red! The staff were really friendly and managed to cater for all our requirements. A really informative and fun weekend. Even restaurant suggestions were superb and we really had a lovely time. I have already recommended to friends and family and will definitely be using Smooth red again for future wine tasting adventures!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK