Experience Spain’s finest wine-making region at your leisure and in the utmost luxury from the comfort of your own hired car; stay at Rioja’s most iconic Hotel Marques de Riscal. Enjoy Michelin-starred dinners and taste the finest wines and tapas that Spain has to offer.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £984pp
- Choose from either 3 days car hire or private transfers (options below)
- Rest your head in the spectacularly luxurious 5* Hotel Marques de Riscal
- Visit the famous Marqués de Riscal winery and taste their magnificent wines.
- Enjoy a full days wine tour with your dedicated expert wine guide and driver. Visit a range of world-famous, modern and ancient wineries in the region. Learn about the wine making process, meet the makers and taste the wines.
- Indulge in the meal of a lifetime with an eight-course Michelin Star dinner with accompanying wines.
- Enjoy a traditional tapas lunch with accompanying wines
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Caudalie Vinotherapie spa
A Sample Itinerary
- Self drive at your leisure with car hire or relax with private transfers from Bilbao airport to your hotel. After arriving at the Hotel Marques de Riscal (and picking your jaw up from the floor), you’ll enjoy your first Rioja wine tasting experience at a a world-famous cellar dating from 1858. Then make use of the extensive spa and gym facilities at the hotel before an extraordinary eight-course Michelin Star dinner – with accompanying wines – at one of the top restaurants in Spain.
- Your Rioja wine tasting tour continues with a full day wine tasting experience around Rioja with your English speaking driver and guide who will chauffeur you for the day. You will visit three estates; a mix of modern and boutique wineries as well as an ancient vineyard dating back to the 14th century so you can compare practices old and new and sample a broad range of wines. Refuel at lunchtime with a typical Riojan tapas lunch (with wine).
- Before returning home we suggest you to relax and explore the nearby city of Logrono. Visit the Old Town, where you will find yourself walking along streets that form part of the Way of St James. On your journey to the airport we recommend a stop off to visit the impressive Guggenheim Museum.
Airport Transfers: The Rioja wine region is a beautiful 90 minute drive of rolling vine covered hills from Bilbao airport. Choose from either 3 day car hire + self drive option from £984 or relax with private transfers from £1,094. Please note that you will be chaffered by your wine guide throughout the duration of your full day’s wine tour so you can relax with a few glasses of wine.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Nearby Wine Regions: Did you know that just two hours south of Rioja is the wine region of Ribera del Duero? – A superb cousin to the reds you’ve been sampling and boasting some of the most stunning food and scenery in Spain. Or perhaps hearty Bordeaux’s are a better match? Just five hours north of Rioja is Bordeaux – the heartland of French wine and another world-renowned wine region to tick off your list. Why not take a few extra days to do them all? – We’ll sort the details!
Hotel Recommendation: Hotel Marques de Riscal
The Hotel Marques de Riscal is a particular favourite here at SmoothRed, being as it is a hotel which perfectly blends the architectural magnificence of the legendary Frank Gehry with the rustic beauty of the vineyard-covered Spanish countryside. The hotel offers 43 luxury rooms and suites – each utterly unique in shape and views – a restaurant headed by Francis Paniego (the first Riojan chef to receive a Michelin star), a rooftop lounge and wine bar, a vast luxury library and its own winery.
The hotel also offers:
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK