Come ‘drink the stars’ at a number of Champagne estates and also dine on some of the most memorable meals of your life with a champagne tasting lunch and a three-starred Michelin dinner.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £1340pp
- Arrive to Reims (the capital of Champagne) in style, with private transfers from the station to your hotel.
- Relax with two nights accommodation at a luxurious 5* hotel
- Visit the world-famous Veuve Clicquot estate and enjoy an ‘in the footsteps of Madame Cliquot’ tasting experience
- Indulge in an unforgettable three-starred Michelin dinner with Champagne and wine pairing
- Enjoy a full day’s wine tour of the region with an expert wine guide and chauffeur
- Visit the world-famous Moët & Chandon and a family run estate – meet the makers and taste their wines
- Pay homage to the tomb of Dom Perignon.
- Relax and refuel with a leisurely Champagne tasting lunch
- Explore the historic UNSECO listed sites of Reims
A Sample Itinerary
- Relax with two nights accommodation at a luxurious 5* hotel – a unique mix of gorgeous old mansion charm with a luxury modern contemporary interior, with indoor pool, lounge bar and on site three-starred Michelin restaurant. This afternoon visit the world-famous Veueve Clicquot Champagne house where you will enjoy your first ‘in the footsteps of Madame Clicquot’ tasting experience which includes two flutes to introduce you to the tastes and terroirs of this world-famous region. This evening indulge in an unforgettable six course three-starred Michelin meal at your hotel’s restaurant with Champagnes and wines selected by the Sommelier. World renowned head chef Arnaud Lallement creates elegant dishes with complex blends of flavours using the highest quality produce.
- Today is a full day’s wine tour of the Champagne wine region. Your dedicated driver and wine guide will collect you from your hotel and you’ll set off to explore the Côtes des Blancs and Grand Cru Village vineyards and points of interest. You will visit two estates including Moët & Chandon and a family run estate where you’ll meet the makers and be invited to explore their cellars, taste their wines and share their passion whilst you learn about the production process. You’ll sample at least seven Champagnes throughout the day and stop for a leisurely champagne tasting lunch. This day tour includes a visit to the village of Hautvillers and a chance to see the tomb of Dom Perignon – the monk to whom we owe a thank you for all these bubbles! We suggest heading into the town of Reims for dinner!
- The final day in the Capital of Champagne is yours to explore. Perhaps a visit to the gothic splendour of Notre Dame Cathedral, a final wander among the winding streets of Reims or simply relax in pool of your hotel before returning home.
Need to know: Please note that wine tours are semi-private which means there might be up to seven other wine enthusiasts with you but still allowing for an an intimate and informed experience.
Getting Here: Reims, the capital of Champagne is easily accessible from London, by taking the Eurostar/TGV via Paris. It’s also a pleasant drive from Calais which makes it perfect for a self-drive mini break. Many airlines also offer flights into Paris Charles de Gaulle airport which is a 90 minute transfer away. We are ABTA and ATOL bonded and will happily make travel arrangements for you.
Nearby Wine Regions: Did you know that Champagne is only a 3.5 hour drive from Alsace, Burgundy and Loire – three more of France’s most outstanding wine regions. If you’ve got a few extra days why not combine your trip with one of these other destinations?
Upgrades: All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer. This package is based on 5* hotel accommodation and we have some lovely alternative 3* 4* and 5* hotels available. We can also arrange for a visits to specific Champagne houses which might be on your wish list or an entirely private tour for a special occasion.
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK