Embark on a trip to the heart of Portugal’s wine country – to not only taste the local wines, enjoy the local delicacies and explore the city of Porto – but also to discover the region at its busiest, and participate in the wine-making process itself.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £409pp
- Learn the ins and outs of wine-making in the Douro Valley with tours around a range of local wineries
- Experience and take part in the famous grape tread aspect of the wine-making process
- Take the chance to explore the streets of the city of Porto
- Enjoy a memorable 5 course lunch with accompanying wines in the Douro Valley
A Sample Itinerary
- Arrive in the heart of Porto and discover Vila Nova de Gaia. Separated from Porto by the sweeping Douro River, this bustling town is the true home of Port production – the perfect place to kick off your trip with a tour of the ageing cellars and a tasting of fine wines.
- Today, you’ll head to the vineyards in the midst of their harvest, and, after a wine tasting with the vintners and a lunch of local delicacies paired with classic Portuguese wines, you’ll take part in the grape treading part of the wine-making process; your contribution to the year’s harvest!
- The final day of your trip is yours to explore Porto. The city reveals its magical secrets as you wander its charming streets, taking in such splendid sights as the Porto Cathedral, the gothic-style Church of Saint Francis and the old Stock Exchange Palace.
Getting Here: Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport is only 15km away from Port city centre. A number of tour operators operate from the UK including British Airways from Heathrow, EasyJet and TAP Portugal from London Gatwick, EasyJet from London Luton, Ryanair from London Stansted (Ryanair) as well as Easyjet from Bristol and Manchester. Porto is approximately a three hour drive from Lisbon. SmoothRed is ABTA and ATOL bonded and will happily make secure travel arrangements for you and your group.
Need to know: Subject to availability until the 25th October.This is a tailor-made itinerary based on a 3* accommodation All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Nearby Wine Regions: Lisbon, the capital of Portugal is approximately a three hour drive south of Porto and as the nation’s capital offers both amazing site seeing and a unique opportunity to try wines from all over Portugal. Why not tick Lisbon off your list while you’re here?
Amazing six days in Tuscany. We did a Chianti tour followed by a Brunello tour. Everything from the flights, car hire, hotels, guide and restaurant recommendations were great. Our guide took us to some lovely family owned vineyards and was very knowledgeable. We will definitely use Smooth Red again.
I don't usually put reviews but we have just been absolutely blown away by this weekend organised by Smooth Red! The staff were really friendly and managed to cater for all our requirements. A really informative and fun weekend. Even restaurant suggestions were superb and we really had a lovely time. I have already recommended to friends and family and will definitely be using Smooth red again for future wine tasting adventures!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK