Embark on a trip to the heart of Portugal’s wine country – to not only taste the local wines, enjoy the local delicacies and explore the city of Porto – but also to discover the region at its busiest, and participate in the wine-making process itself.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £409pp
- Learn the ins and outs of wine-making in the Douro Valley with tours around a range of local wineries
- Experience and take part in the famous grape tread aspect of the wine-making process
- Take the chance to explore the streets of the city of Porto
- Enjoy a memorable 5 course lunch with accompanying wines in the Douro Valley
A Sample Itinerary
- Arrive in the heart of Porto and discover Vila Nova de Gaia. Separated from Porto by the sweeping Douro River, this bustling town is the true home of Port production – the perfect place to kick off your trip with a tour of the ageing cellars and a tasting of fine wines.
- Today, you’ll head to the vineyards in the midst of their harvest, and, after a wine tasting with the vintners and a lunch of local delicacies paired with classic Portuguese wines, you’ll take part in the grape treading part of the wine-making process; your contribution to the year’s harvest!
- The final day of your trip is yours to explore Porto. The city reveals its magical secrets as you wander its charming streets, taking in such splendid sights as the Porto Cathedral, the gothic-style Church of Saint Francis and the old Stock Exchange Palace.
Getting Here: Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport is only 15km away from Port city centre. A number of tour operators operate from the UK including British Airways from Heathrow, EasyJet and TAP Portugal from London Gatwick, EasyJet from London Luton, Ryanair from London Stansted (Ryanair) as well as Easyjet from Bristol and Manchester. Porto is approximately a three hour drive from Lisbon. SmoothRed is ABTA and ATOL bonded and will happily make secure travel arrangements for you and your group.
Need to know: Subject to availability until the 25th October.This is a tailor-made itinerary based on a 3* accommodation All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Nearby Wine Regions: Lisbon, the capital of Portugal is approximately a three hour drive south of Porto and as the nation’s capital offers both amazing site seeing and a unique opportunity to try wines from all over Portugal. Why not tick Lisbon off your list while you’re here?
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK