There’s no better way to unwind than with wine? Whether that’s by swimming in a decanter shaped pool, relaxing with grape seed Caudalie spa treatments, exploring a 25,000 bottle wine cellar, or taking a memorable tour of the breathtaking Douro Valley and it’s famous port lodges with an expert wine guide and indulging in some meals of a lifetime. This trip has everything a wine lover could need.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £994pp
- Relax with private airport transfers
- Unwind for two nights in a luxurious five star spa hotel with stunning views across Oporto city
- Sample exquisite wine from a world-famous Port producer in the famous Vila Nova de Gaia
- Indulge in a 10 course Michelin starred meal of a lifetime with accompanying wine
- Explore in style with a private chauffeured port tasting tour winding through the magnificent Douro valley
- Enjoy tastings at a mix of world-famous and boutque port lodges; meet the humble and passionate wine makers behind this world famous wine region.
- Feast on a 6 course lunch paired with local wines in a breathtaking location
A Sample Itinerary
- Check into your luxury five star Spa hotel, situated on a slope south of the Douro river and nestled amongst famous port lodges with stunning panoramic views of Porto and only fifteen minutes walk from the beautiful Old Town. This afternoon enjoy a tutored wine tasting of a port cocktail at one of the most prestigious and world famous port lodges in the city with an expert wine guide. This is the perfect introduction to the tastes and terroirs to come. This evening soak up the view and indulge in a memorable ten course meal with paired wines from the Michelin starred restaurant of your hotel. Take a moment to read the wine list (or should we say magazine) which boasts 13 aperitif ports alone and a total of 1,100 bottles; all arranged by character.
- Today your private wine guide and chauffeur will collect you from your hotel for a tour of the port lodges of the magnificent Douro valley. Take in the stunning scenery along the winding roads towards Pinhao. Here you’ll take a tour of a famous Port Lodge and wander through vineyards with dramatic views across the surrounding hills and nearby Távora River. Visit another two boutique wine estates and meet the humble but passionate wine makers which make this region so famous. Taste their produce and learn about the wine making process. Refuel with a six course lunch with six wines, served in a magnificently placed restaurant with terraced garden and views down the Douro.
- The final day is yours to explore the charming city of Oporto a pleasant fifteen minute walk from your hotel via a cobbled lane, riverside promenade and the Dom Luís bridge, takes you to the beautiful Old Town. Perhaps a visit to Porto Cathedral, the gothic-style Church of Saint Francis and the old Stock Exchange Palace. Or just relax with a port and tonic in your decanter shaped pool and unwind with some award winning grape seed Caudalie spa treatments.
Getting Here: Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport is only 15km away from Port city centre. A number of tour operators operate from the UK including British Airways from Heathrow, EasyJet and TAP Portugal from London Gatwick, EasyJet from London Luton, Ryanair from London Stansted (Ryanair) as well as Easyjet from Bristol and Manchester. Porto is approximately a three hour drive from Lisbon. SmoothRed is ABTA and ATOL bonded and will happily make secure travel arrangements for you and your group.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on a 5* accommodation which we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Nearby Wine Regions: Lisbon, the capital of Portugal is approximately a three hour drive south of Porto and as the nation’s capital offers both amazing site seeing and a unique opportunity to try wines from all over Portugal. Why not tick Lisbon off your list while you’re here?
The Yeatman Porto is a luxury five star spa hotel with panoramic views of the city
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK