Discover Italy’s best-kept secret with a stay in the beautiful Itria Valley (and later, the cultural heart of Matera) and private, fully-chauffeured tours and tastings at the region’s most prestigious wineries.
Highlights of this Wine Tour5 days from £1148pp
- Relax with private airport transfers
- Rest your head in a lovely 4* hotel in the enchanting area of the Itria Valley
- Explore in style with two private chauffeured wine tours to and tastings, sampling the best of the Primitivo grape variety
- Watch the production of mozzarella cheese in a local farmhouse and indulge in much of the traditional local produce during your stay
A Sample Itinerary
- Relax with private transfers from Bari airport, after check-in at the 4* hotel in the enchanting area of the Itria Valley.
- Discover the land of Primitivo visiting two estates, followed by wine tastings. Your day will also include a light lunch based on traditional local produce. In the afternoon your English-speaking guide will take you for a guided city tour to discover European Capital of Culture 2019 – Matera, city of stones Sassi, and a UNESCO world heritage site!
- A free day to relax and explore the city at your leisure.
- Explore the countryside of the Itria Valley, in the very heart of Puglia. Visit a local farmhouse, where you will watch the production of mozzarella cheese, followed by a tasting of mozzarella, salami and bread. During the day you will continue to enjoy wine and tasting local produce.
- Depending on your departure time, take in the breath taking views of the beautiful landscape of the Adriatic coast and its intense and vivid colours. Relax with private transfers from Bari airport.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on 4* hotel options, that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. Please note upgrades are also available -please ask for details. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer. SmoothRed is ATOL and ABTA bonded and we would be happy to make travel arrangements for you.
Getting Here: Bari International Airport is serviced by seasonal flights from London’s Gatwick and Stansted airports from British Airways and Ryanair. Bari Central Station is a stop on a number of rail lines, by which Rome, Milan, Turin, Lecce and many others can be reached. Bari is about 4½ hours’ drive from Rome and 2½ hours from Naples.
Nearby Wine Regions: If you like Chianti, Prosecco or Barolo wines don’t forget that SmoothRed also offer wine tours to Tuscany, Venice, Piedmont, Cinque Terre and Amalfi Coast wine regions. Why not extend your stay and tick another world-renowned wine region off your list? Our regional experts would be happy to sort the details.
Amazing six days in Tuscany. We did a Chianti tour followed by a Brunello tour. Everything from the flights, car hire, hotels, guide and restaurant recommendations were great. Our guide took us to some lovely family owned vineyards and was very knowledgeable. We will definitely use Smooth Red again.
I don't usually put reviews but we have just been absolutely blown away by this weekend organised by Smooth Red! The staff were really friendly and managed to cater for all our requirements. A really informative and fun weekend. Even restaurant suggestions were superb and we really had a lovely time. I have already recommended to friends and family and will definitely be using Smooth red again for future wine tasting adventures!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK