Discover the medieval castles, ancient walled cities and wildflower fields of Ribera del Duero, enjoying the wines and gastronomy of one of Spain’s most underrated destinations.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £648pp
- Stay in a restored 300-year-old flour mill, now a charming 4* hotel
- Explore in style on a private chauffeured wine tour in Ribera del Duero
- Indulge in a lunch of 6 wines perfectly matched with 6 gourmet tapas
- 3 day car hire package – please contact us for private transfers options
A Sample Itinerary
- After arriving in the Ribera del Duero wine country and settled into your preferred choice of accommodation in or around Aranda de Duero, get ready to sample the wines of this region with the perfect pre-dinner wine tasting before discovering the delights of the restaurants on offer.
- Your private wine guide will arrive after breakfast as you explore the architectural jewel that has already become a symbol of Ribera del Duero with a spectacular visit to start your day. Sample six gourmet tapas with the wines of Ribera del Duero before visiting a prestigious Bodegas, one of the most renowned wineries in Ribera del Duero.
- Explore Aranda de Duero – the capital of the Ribera del Duero wine region. We suggest a visit to the church Santa María la Real built during the 15th and 16th centuries. Also enjoy the city before you leave with plenty museums, markets, shops, restaurants and bars.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on 4* hotel that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. Please note upgrades are also available – please ask for details. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Nearby Wine Regions: Did you know that just two hours north of Ribera Del Duero is the world-famous wine region of Rioja? – producing over 175million bottles of wine a year from its humble fertile soil. This region has lively towns and quiet pilgrim churches, state of the art machinery and estates dating back to the 14th century. Why not take a few extra days to tick this region off your list? – We’ll sort the details!
We recommend staying at the fabulous four star Fuente Acena Hotel
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK