Experience the wines of the Rhône Valley with an experienced wine guide
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £629pp
- Enjoy your stay in a boutique hotel in the heart of the charming town Tournon-sur-Rhône situated on the Rhône river
- Enjoy wine tastings on a hilltop surrounded by stunning views of the Rhône river and Tain-l’Hermitage
- Experience a full day in the Northern Rhône Valley and discover the homeland of the legendary Syrah and Viognier grapes in these ancient vineyards
- Savour the exquisite cuisine of the region in a traditional restaurant accompanied by wine
A Sample Itinerary
- Self-drive to the Ardèche region, situated between Lyon and Valence. Once you’ve settled into your boutique 4* accommodation, you’ll venture out into the surrounding vineyards with your experienced wine guide for an afternoon of wine tasting on a nearby hilltop, drinking in the incredible views over the river, including the Hermitage and Tain l’Hermitage vineyards
- Today, head out on a full day’s chauffeured guide tour of the Northern Rhône, with visits and tastings at three of the region’s finest estates. During the day, you’ll stop off for a local lunch – with, of course, wines paired to match. Home to the Syrah, Marsanne and Rosanne grapes, you’ll be tasting some of France’s finest white and red wines. You will taste, visit and learn about appellations such as Hermitage, Crozes, Cornas and Saint Joseph.
- Before returning home, we suggest a visit to the chocolate museum. There, you can learn and taste the process from bean to bar in an amazing Willy Wonka-style museum – you won’t be disappointed! Fancy a few more days wine tasting? Head down to the medieval town of Avignon, and visit the famous appellations of Gigondas and Châteauneuf-du-Pape in the Southern Rhône…
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on a 4* hotel which we can happily adapt to suit your budget and requirements. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer.
Getting Here: SmoothRed is ABTA and ATOL bonded and happy to make travel arrangements for you. Lyon’s Saint-Exupéry Airport sees regular low cost flights arrive from the UK. British Airways operates from London Heathrow, whilst Gatwick and Luton are served by EasyJet. Aer Lingus operates seasonal flights from Gatwick, whilst Birmingham flights are run by Flybe, Edinburgh by EasyJet and Manchester by both Flybe and EasyJet. The total journey time from London to Lyon will be around 6-7 hours. Tournon-sur-Rhône is 5 hours away from Paris by road, via the A6.
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK