The Loire Valley is as famous for its beauty as it is for the wine it grows. Only five hours drive from Calais and just over three hours from Le Havre it’s easy to see why this is the perfect self drive holiday for couples, friends and families. Enjoy three days in this wonderful region and a stay in a five star 18th century château
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £747pp
- Get a taste of ‘La Belle Epoque’ in the comfort of your five star, 18th century château, exquisitely decorated and set in a four acre park
- Enjoy a full days private chauffeured wine tour taking you into the heart of this region; meet the makers and taste up to thirty wines.
- Explore the blissful gardens and breath-taking scenery of the Loire Valley and its UNESCO listed historic towns
- Enjoy local delicacies over a three course lunch with accompanying wine.
A Sample Itinerary
- Settle into your 18th Century Château; authentically decorated in the style of Napoleon III, it’s the height of luxury and elegance. Explore it’s four acre park, relax in front of log fires or take a short walk to the nearby historic town of Saumur.
- Enjoy a full days private chauffeured wine tour into the surrounding vineyards. Throughout the day you’ll visit four vineyards where you’ll meet the passionate wine makers only too happy to share their secrets over several glasses of their creations. Sample up to thirty wines consisting of red, white, rosé and sparkling varieties. You’ll stop for a leisurely lunch in-between visits (this is France afterall) where you’ll enjoy a three course lunch of local delicacies at a traditional French restaurant with accompanying wines.
- The final day is yours to explore this stunning region further, perhaps one of the historic towns of Amboise, Angers, Blois, Chinon, Orleans, Saumur or Tours. Or a visit the world famous Gardens of Villandry; a Renaissance château located at the heart of three levels of terraced gardens; the last of the great Renaissance châteaux to have been built on the banks of the Loire River.
- Bid farewell to France’s most noble wine region before setting off home.
Getting Here: The Loire Valley is a pleasant five hour drive from the port of Calais and three hours from the ports of St. Malo and Caen. You can take the Eurostar from London St. Pancras to Paris where you can connect with a TGV to Saumur. Tours Val de Loire Airport has direct connections to London Stansted Airport with Ryanair.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on a five star Château hotel that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer. Please note that the wine tours are semi private which means you may share your visits with up to seven other wine enthusiasts, still allowing for an intimate experience with the winemakers.
Nearby Wine Regions: The Loire Valley is equidistant from France’s other famous wine regions; four hours drive south you can be drinking the Cabernet Sauvignons in Bordeaux, four hours east the Pinot Noirs of Burgundy and four hours north, the bubbles of Champagne. Why not extend your trip and tick another world-famous wine region off your list? – We’ll sort the details.
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK