Visit the beautiful châteaux and cellars of the Loire Valley on a wonderful 3-day wine tasting tour, staying in the beautiful city of Tours and enjoying some of the finest wines the region has to offer.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £398pp
- Stay in a beautiful hotel in the centre of Tours
- Enjoy a tutored tasting of three wines in a unqiue wine shop in the heart of Tours
- Drink in the local history with a guided tour of the historic Loire Valley châteaux, including Chenonceau, the Royal Château of Ambois and Clos Lucé
- Enjoy a guided tour and wine tasting lunch at a wine specialist’s domaine
A Sample Itinerary
- After settling into your hotel in the heart of Tours, your own tour begins as you’re whisked off to the Old City for a tutored tasting of three wines with accompanying canapés.
- Your day in the Loire Valley starts with a visit to Château Chenonceau and its resplendent Renaissance gardens. Later in the morning you’ll get to explore the cellars and caves of a Loire Valley wine specialist and taste vintage drops of Vouvray, Montlouis, Chinon, Bourgueil and Saint Nicolas de Bourgueil. Then follows a tasting lunch with cheeses selected by a champion cheese refiner, before tours of the Château Clos Lucé and the Royal Château of Ambois.
- Your final day in the Loire is yours to explore Tours. Wander the town’s picturesque Old Quarter, set around Place Plumereau with its medieval alleys and side streets shooting off at every angle.
Getting Here: The Loire Valley is a pleasant five hour drive from the port of Calais and three hours from the ports of St. Malo and Caen. You can take the Eurostar from London St. Pancras to Paris where you can connect with a TGV to Tours. Tours Val de Loire Airport is located just outside of Tours, and has direct connections to London Stansted Airport with Ryanair.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on a three star hotel that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer. Please note that the wine tours are private – allowing for an intimate experience with the winemakers.
Nearby Wine Regions: The Loire Valley is equidistant from France’s other famous wine regions; four hours drive south you can be drinking the Cabernet Sauvignons in Bordeaux, four hours east the Pinot Noirs of Burgundy and four hours north, the bubbles of Champagne. Why not extend your trip and tick another world-famous wine region off your list? – We’ll sort the details.
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK