Stay in the spectacular town of Langhe, visit a number of fine wineries and vineyards and discover the secrets of one of Italy’s most underrated regions.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £494pp
- Relax with two nights stay in a unique wine hotel situated in a spectacular medieval town of Langhe
- Explore Piedmont in style with a chauffeured private tour, visiting numerous wine estates and vineyards in the region
- Visit the beautiful medieval village of Nieve
- Lunch in a local restaurant tasting authentic cuisine with paired wines
A Sample Itinerary
- After arriving in this spectacular medieval village, your wine tour begins with a visit to a local wine estate close to your hotel, where you will enjoy a personal tour of the cellars with a wine tasting to savour before dinner.
- Your Piedmont wine tasting experience continues with a visit to a wine cellar followed by two tastings in the morning. Enjoy an aperitif on a panoramic terrace, this is followed by a local lunch in an authentic Italian restaurant, in the afternoon, experience a fantastic tasting at a vineyard followed by your final visit and tasting.
- On your final day you have time to explore. The Piedmont town of Alba is just 10 minutes away by car and Asti is also nearby, visit the local markets, boutique shops. Or simply enjoy a morning swim in the pool and why not relax with a glass of Barolo wine before you leave.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on 3* hotel accommodation that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. We have a number of lovely 4* and 5* options available should you wish to upgrade. Smoothred is ABTA and ATOL bonded and will happily make travel arrangements for you. Please note that this tour is semi-private which means that there may be up to seven other wine enthusiasts with you – still allowing for an informed and intimate experience with the winemakers themselves. Private tours can also be arranged.
Getting here: Turin Caselle Airport sits just to the north of Turin. Flights come into Turin from London Gatwick (British Airways, EasyJet and Thomas Cook), Stansted (Ryanair) and Manchester (Jet2 and Thomas Cook). Alba and Asti are both within a few hours’ drive of the airport, or you can connect via a train from Turin.
International trains arrive into Turin’s Porta Susa station on an intercity line that runs through Paris, Lyon, Turin, Novara and Milan. Porta Susa is also the station from which regular trains to Alba and Asti run. Getting to Alba will require a change at Bra, whilst Asti can be reached directly from Porta Susa.
The drive from Turin to Alba takes just over an hour, and an hour exactly to Asti. Alba to Asti (or vice versa) will take only half an hour.
Nearby wine regions: If you like the bold Barolos and Babarescos of the Piedmont wine region, you might also like the world-famous chiantis of Tuscany which are a 4.5 hour drive south of here. Or perhaps some chilled sparkling white bubbles tempt you? Just four hours drive east is the region of Veneto, which is home to the city of Venice, Verona and the stunning Prosecco wine region. Why not extend your trip and tick another wine region off y our list? Our regional experts would be happy to make the arrangements.
SmoothRed organised an amazing holiday for my Mum and I- we went to Bordeaux for three nights and stayed in a wonderful hotel. We had the perfect mixture of trips and free time and the visits to the Chateaus were wonderful. From start to finish, my experience of booking the holiday was great- excellent customer service and I loved the travel pack that was sent before we departed. I will definitely be booking another trip with SmoothRed again!
We had a great visit to Bordeaux with Smooth Red, whilst we were there they organised a cycling tour of the vineyards and the village of Saint Emilion. The whole day was amazing, Soline our guide was fantastic, fun to be with and very knowledgeable. We visited two vineyards which were very different, one was a family run Chateau whilst the second was more commercial, although it was great to see both the family run Chateau Cote de Baleau was our favourite. We had a fabulous lunch in their gardens accompanied with great wine, cannot praise them enough. And the village of Saint Emilion is somewhere not to be missed.
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK