Stay in the spectacular town of Langhe, visit a number of fine wineries and vineyards and discover the secrets of one of Italy’s most underrated regions.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £494pp
- Relax with two nights stay in a unique wine hotel situated in a spectacular medieval town of Langhe
- Explore Piedmont in style with a chauffeured private tour, visiting numerous wine estates and vineyards in the region
- Visit the beautiful medieval village of Nieve
- Lunch in a local restaurant tasting authentic cuisine with paired wines
A Sample Itinerary
- After arriving in this spectacular medieval village, your wine tour begins with a visit to a local wine estate close to your hotel, where you will enjoy a personal tour of the cellars with a wine tasting to savour before dinner.
- Your Piedmont wine tasting experience continues with a visit to a wine cellar followed by two tastings in the morning. Enjoy an aperitif on a panoramic terrace, this is followed by a local lunch in an authentic Italian restaurant, in the afternoon, experience a fantastic tasting at a vineyard followed by your final visit and tasting.
- On your final day you have time to explore. The Piedmont town of Alba is just 10 minutes away by car and Asti is also nearby, visit the local markets, boutique shops. Or simply enjoy a morning swim in the pool and why not relax with a glass of Barolo wine before you leave.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on 3* hotel accommodation that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. We have a number of lovely 4* and 5* options available should you wish to upgrade. Smoothred is ABTA and ATOL bonded and will happily make travel arrangements for you. Please note that this tour is semi-private which means that there may be up to seven other wine enthusiasts with you – still allowing for an informed and intimate experience with the winemakers themselves. Private tours can also be arranged.
Getting here: Turin Caselle Airport sits just to the north of Turin. Flights come into Turin from London Gatwick (British Airways, EasyJet and Thomas Cook), Stansted (Ryanair) and Manchester (Jet2 and Thomas Cook). Alba and Asti are both within a few hours’ drive of the airport, or you can connect via a train from Turin.
International trains arrive into Turin’s Porta Susa station on an intercity line that runs through Paris, Lyon, Turin, Novara and Milan. Porta Susa is also the station from which regular trains to Alba and Asti run. Getting to Alba will require a change at Bra, whilst Asti can be reached directly from Porta Susa.
The drive from Turin to Alba takes just over an hour, and an hour exactly to Asti. Alba to Asti (or vice versa) will take only half an hour.
Nearby wine regions: If you like the bold Barolos and Babarescos of the Piedmont wine region, you might also like the world-famous chiantis of Tuscany which are a 4.5 hour drive south of here. Or perhaps some chilled sparkling white bubbles tempt you? Just four hours drive east is the region of Veneto, which is home to the city of Venice, Verona and the stunning Prosecco wine region. Why not extend your trip and tick another wine region off y our list? Our regional experts would be happy to make the arrangements.
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
This was such an amazing trip and I will be booking through Smoothred again to do this same trip and will book many more trips them. There constant support was awesome. It was a perfect holiday and we didn’t have to lift a finger; they arrange the transfers to and from the airport, the chateau, food & wine on the first day and a full day of tours.
The chateau was the perfect location in a quaint little town called de Lilly. It is about a 15-20min taxi ride from the Reims train station. There are a handful of champagne houses in the town and a bakery and butcher. We walked around the town in about 20 mins. It is a beautiful chateau with some of the best hotel staff we have come across ever. We had a beautiful room which faced the courtyard which was lovey when you opened the windows to hear the water from the fountain and birds. The bed was huge and the room was spacious and clean. There was really good Wi-Fi and we received a glass of champagne on arrival. With the smooth red package, you get a 5 course meal which was AMAZING and 3 bottles of alcohol which was really good quality; champagne, white & red wine. There is Jacuzzi and sauna downstairs which is very nice and clean. The chateau is perfectly located in-between Reims and Epernay via a 20/30 min taxi ride. Smoothred book you 3 tours which I highly recommend to do. We did the Moet tour which was really informative and a good start to the day. Then we went to 2 family run houses which we by far the tastiest champagne. The lunch was really good quality at the first champagne house. You taste around 10 glasses for champagne across the day so do stay hydrated! We will be coming back again soon. I could not fault the trip at all. Perfect location, divine food, amazing staff, beautiful rooms, stunning grounds and just a perfect trip all round. Thank you Smoothred!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK