Enjoy a chauffeured wine tour through Tuscany from the historic medieval city of Siena…
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £629pp
- Two nights in a central 4* hotel in the beautiful heart of medieval Siena
- On your first evening, enjoy a fantastic introduction to the Tuscan wines in a private cellar in a local Enoteca
- Explore in style with a private chauffeured wine tasting tour through the stunning vineyards of Brunello and discover the secrets of Tuscan viticulture
- Savor local tuscan food with lunch in the middle of the vineyards
- Car hire packaged for the 3 days – or please contact us for private transfers option
A Sample Itinerary
- You will pick up your car from either Pisa or Florence airport and drive to settle into your 4* hotel in Siena where you’re whisked off to an authentic local Enoteca for your first taste of Tuscan wines alongside local canapés. The perfect pre-dinner Tuscany wine tasting.
- Your day starts with a private guided wine experience with an English speaking driver / guide, including visits and tastings at a selection of boutique wineries around the Chianti Classico or Brunelo producing region and a traditional Tuscan lunch with accompanying wine and olive oil tasting. (It is often popular to extend this trip to include two days in the vineyards)
- The day is yours to explore the city before heading home; the Gothic architecture of the world’s most unique piazzas, Piazza dal Campo in Siena.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on 4* hotel that we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. Please note that we also have a number of lovely 5* options available.
Getting Here: British Airways and CityJet both fly from London City airport to Florence airport. Vueling operates from London Gatwick. You can also fly to nearby Pisa airport with an approximate 2 hour transfer to Florence city centre. British Airways, Ryanair and Easyjet all offer flights from the UK to Pisa. SmoothRed would be happy to assist with car hire or rail or bus transfers from Pisa. We are ATOL and ABTA bonded which ensures financial protection on all travel bookings.
The Italian rail system is connected with the rest of Europe, so travelling in from cities around the continent is relatively easy. Pisa and Grosseto are two of the major rail hubs in the region, and Florence itself has two stations – Santa Maria Novella in the city centre and Campo di Marte in the north-east of the city.
If you’re coming from London by rail, the easiest route is via Paris on the Eurostar and then via Turin on the TGV followed by a high-speed train to Florence. This route will take approximately 14 hours, though the Thello night train also travels from Paris to Italy, and might be an easier option.
From Florence, it’s only a short drive to most of the towns in Tuscany. Pisa takes around an hour, whilst Grosseto takes just under two. The furthest reaches of the region, to the south, will take no more than 2½ hours, so nowhere in Tuscany should take any longer than that to get to from Florence.
Nearby Wine Regions: If you like red wines you might also like the rich Barolos of the Piedmont wine region which are only a 4.5 hour drive north west of Tuscany. Or perhaps the bubbles of the world-famousProsecco wine region are tempting? Just 4.5 hours drive north east is Venice and home to this world famous fizz. Why not extend your holiday and tick another wine region off your list? Are regional experts would be happy to make the arrangements for you.
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK