Explore the Tuscan countryside at your leisure from the comfort of your own hired car; stay in a picturesque Tuscan farmhouse and embark upon tastings and lunches around one of the finest places in the world for food and wine.
Highlights of this Wine Tour4 days from £774pp
- Rest your head in an elegant classic Tuscan farmhouse in the Chianti area with a swimming pool, tennis courts and wellness centre
- Explore in style with a chauffeured private wine tour visiting numerous boutique estates in this famous region
- Indulge in a traditional Tuscan lunch with perfectly matched wines
- Relax with a self drive car hire package included or please ask us for private airport transfers options
A Sample Itinerary
- Self drive at your leisure from Pisa or Florence Airport to the heart of the Chianti Classico producing region. Enjoy elegant accommodation in a classic Tuscan farmhouse surrounded by the breathtaking Chianti countryside – private transfers also available on request.
- Your day starts with a private guided wine experience with an English speaking driver / guide, including visits and tastings at a selection of boutique wineries around the Chianti Classico producing region and a traditional Tuscan lunch with accompanying wine and olive oil tastings.
- A day to enjoy the swimming pool, tennis court and wellness centre on offer at your accommodation before lunch, followed by a visit to a nearby prestigious wine estate.
- After breakfast the countryside is yours to explore, or perhaps visit the city of Florence before driving back to the airport.
Need to know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on luxury Agritirismo accommodation – either serviced rooms or self catering with full and half board options which we can happily adapt to suit your requirements. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer. Please note that this tour is semi-private which means that there may be up to seven other wine enthusiasts with you – still allowing for an informed and intimate experience with the winemakers themselves.
Getting Here: International flights into Tuscany are served by Pisa International Airport or Florence Airport. Florence can be reached via British Airways and CityJet, which both fly from London City Airport, whilst Vueling operates from London Gatwick. Flights to Pisa International are available from Heathrow and Gatwick with British Airways and from London Stansted with Ryanair. Pisa also takes seasonal flights from Bristol, Manchester and Luton (with EasyJet), Belfast, East Midlands, Leeds/Bradford, Manchester and Newcastle-upon-Tyne (with Jet2) and Edinburgh and Liverpool (with Ryanair). Alternatively, frequent flights regularly come in to Milan or Rome, which can both be reached directly from a large number of airports in the UK and many more worldwide. From there, you can either make the drive to Tuscany by car, or take a train to any of Tuscany’s rail stations.
The Italian rail system is connected with the rest of Europe, so traveling in from cities around the continent is relatively easy. Pisa and Grosseto are two of the major rail hubs in the region, and Florence itself has two stations – Santa Maria Novella in the city centre and Campo di Marte in the north-east of the city.
If you’re coming from London by rail, the easiest route is via Paris on the Eurostar and then via Turin on the TGV followed by a high-speed train to Florence. This route will take approximately 14 hours, though the Thello night train also travels from Paris to Italy, and might be an easier option.
From Florence, it’s only a short drive to most of the towns in Tuscany. Pisa takes around an hour, whilst Grosseto takes just under two. The furthest reaches of the region, to the south, will take no more than 2½ hours, so nowhere in Tuscany should take any longer than that to get to from Florence.
Nearby Wine Regions: If you like red wines you might also like the rich Barolos of the Piedmont wine region which are only a 4.5 hour drive north west of Tuscany. Or perhaps the bubbles of the world-famousProsecco wine region are tempting? Just 4.5 hours drive north east is Venice and home to this world famous fizz. Why not extend your holiday and tick another wine region off your list? Are regional experts would be happy to make the arrangements for you.
Fonte de Medici – Immersed in the Chianti Classico wine region, this charming village dates back to the 1400s. It offers a free wellness centre, summer outdoor pool and a traditional restaurant. Rooms have Tuscan-style furnishings with wood-beamed ceilings and terracotta floors. Some rooms include a fireplace.
Amazing six days in Tuscany. We did a Chianti tour followed by a Brunello tour. Everything from the flights, car hire, hotels, guide and restaurant recommendations were great. Our guide took us to some lovely family owned vineyards and was very knowledgeable. We will definitely use Smooth Red again.
I don't usually put reviews but we have just been absolutely blown away by this weekend organised by Smooth Red! The staff were really friendly and managed to cater for all our requirements. A really informative and fun weekend. Even restaurant suggestions were superb and we really had a lovely time. I have already recommended to friends and family and will definitely be using Smooth red again for future wine tasting adventures!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK