The meandering, narrow canals of Venice are famous the world over, and are always counted amongst Italy’s most unique sights. Match a stay in the city with a day’s touring around the vineyards of the Prosecco region with this timeless and exceptionally luxurious tour.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £929pp
- Discover Venice in a boutique 16th-century Palazzetto surrounded by the city’s romantic canals
- Return private water taxi from the airport
- You will be welcomed at the hotel with a glass of Prosecco
- Tour the scenic Prosecco wine region and visit two prestigious local wineries for tastings and lunch
A Sample Itinerary
- Arriving into Venice via a private water taxi (or local vaporetto ferry), you will be welcomed to the boutique Venetian Palazzetto with a glass of Prosecco. Take the rest of the afternoon to explore the winding waterways and many shops, cafes, museums and galleries of Venice before enjoying dinner at a local restaurant in the evening.(dinner not included)
- After breakfast, embark on a full day’s wine tour around the Prosecco wine region, home to the classic sparkling wine of the same name. Traverse the hills of Refrontolo, visit the old water mill at Molinetto della Croda and enjoy tastings and tours at two Prosecco DOCG wineries, with lunch in-between at a local restaurant.
- Today, take the chance to discover more of Venice in the morning before leaving.
Need to Know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on boutique 4* accommodation and subject to seasonal availability. Please note that prices will fluctuate during peak and carnival season. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer. We also have a number of charming 5* options available.
Getting here: Venice is easily accessible from the UK, just a short flight with many tour operators. Ryanair fly to Treviso and Bresica Airports, Easyjet and other UK airlines fly to Venice Marco Polo Airport. Venice and indeed all of Veneto’s main towns are well connected by train. There are also bus connections between towns and villages. Within Venice public boats will take you around the city and lagoon.
Nearby Wine Regions: If you like red wines, don’t forget that the famous chiantis of Tuscany are only a 3 hour drive south of Venice, or the rich Barolos of Piedmont are a 4 hours drive west. Why not extend your stay and tick another world-renowned wine region off your list? Our regional experts would be happy to sort the details.
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
Our wine tasting in the Loire Valley was amazing!
We stayed in 'Chateau Bouvet Ladubay' the building was very grand but in a relaxed way! The hosts were lovely, they were there when necessary but quietly disappeared when they were not needed! The day's wine tasting included information on wine growing, a bike ride in the vast cellars (anyone who can stay upright on a bike could manage the ride whether 18 or 80!), a lovely picnic lunch and plenty of wine to try!!!
Smoothred is a company that I highly recommend - from start to finish they have been helpful and very well organised. They ensured that our break in the Loire Valley was personal and memorable!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK