The meandering, narrow canals of Venice are famous the world over, and are always counted amongst Italy’s most unique sights. Match a stay in the city with a day’s touring around the vineyards of the Prosecco region with this timeless and exceptionally luxurious tour.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £1194pp
- Discover Venice in luxury with a stay in a beautiful 5* hotel surrounded by the city’s romantic canals
- Tour the scenic Prosecco wine region and visit two prestigious local wineries for tastings and lunch
- A 6 course Michelin star dinner in a famed Venetian restaurant (wines excluded)
A Sample Itinerary
- Arriving into Venice via a private water taxi (or local vaporetto ferry), you’ll settle into your luxury hotel overlooking the city’s iconic canals in the San Marco sestiere. Take the rest of the afternoon to explore the winding waterways and many shops, cafes, museums and galleries of Venice before enjoying dinner at a local restaurant in the evening.(dinner not included)
- After breakfast, embark on a full day’s wine tour around the Prosecco wine region, home to the classic sparkling wine of the same name. Traverse the hills of Refrontolo, visit the old water mill at Molinetto della Croda and enjoy tastings and tours at two Prosecco DOCG wineries, with lunch in-between at a local restaurant. In the evening, dinner will be at the Michelin-starred Met Restaurant in Venice. (wines not included)
- Today, take the chance to discover more of Venice in the morning before leaving.
Need to Know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on a 5* hotel and subject to seasonal availability. Please note that prices will fluctuate during peak and carnival season. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer. We also have a number of charming 4* options available.
Getting here: Venice is easily accessible from the UK, just a short flight with many tour operators. Ryanair fly to Treviso and Bresica Airports, Easyjet and other UK airlines fly to Venice Marco Polo Airport. Venice and indeed all of Veneto’s main towns are well connected by train. There are also bus connections between towns and villages. Within Venice public boats will take you around the city and lagoon.
Nearby Wine Regions: If you like red wines, don’t forget that the famous chiantis of Tuscany are only a 3 hour drive south of Venice, or the rich Barolos of Piedmont are a 4 hours drive west. Why not extend your stay and tick another world-renowned wine region off your list? Our regional experts would be happy to sort the details.
5* Luna Hotel Baglioni
We had a fantastic trip to Rioja with Smooth Red. The tour guide, wineries and hotels were all magnificent. A truly memorable trip and a great wine and food experience.
This was such an amazing trip and I will be booking through Smoothred again to do this same trip and will book many more trips them. There constant support was awesome. It was a perfect holiday and we didn’t have to lift a finger; they arrange the transfers to and from the airport, the chateau, food & wine on the first day and a full day of tours.
The chateau was the perfect location in a quaint little town called de Lilly. It is about a 15-20min taxi ride from the Reims train station. There are a handful of champagne houses in the town and a bakery and butcher. We walked around the town in about 20 mins. It is a beautiful chateau with some of the best hotel staff we have come across ever. We had a beautiful room which faced the courtyard which was lovey when you opened the windows to hear the water from the fountain and birds. The bed was huge and the room was spacious and clean. There was really good Wi-Fi and we received a glass of champagne on arrival. With the smooth red package, you get a 5 course meal which was AMAZING and 3 bottles of alcohol which was really good quality; champagne, white & red wine. There is Jacuzzi and sauna downstairs which is very nice and clean. The chateau is perfectly located in-between Reims and Epernay via a 20/30 min taxi ride. Smoothred book you 3 tours which I highly recommend to do. We did the Moet tour which was really informative and a good start to the day. Then we went to 2 family run houses which we by far the tastiest champagne. The lunch was really good quality at the first champagne house. You taste around 10 glasses for champagne across the day so do stay hydrated! We will be coming back again soon. I could not fault the trip at all. Perfect location, divine food, amazing staff, beautiful rooms, stunning grounds and just a perfect trip all round. Thank you Smoothred!
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK