The meandering, narrow canals of Venice are famous the world over, and are always counted amongst Italy’s most unique sights. Match a stay in the city with a day’s touring around the vineyards of the Prosecco region with this timeless and exceptionally luxurious tour.
Highlights of this Wine Tour3 days from £1194pp
- Discover Venice in luxury with a stay in a beautiful 5* hotel surrounded by the city’s romantic canals
- Tour the scenic Prosecco wine region and visit two prestigious local wineries for tastings and lunch
- A 6 course Michelin star dinner in a famed Venetian restaurant (wines excluded)
A Sample Itinerary
- Arriving into Venice via a private water taxi (or local vaporetto ferry), you’ll settle into your luxury hotel overlooking the city’s iconic canals in the San Marco sestiere. Take the rest of the afternoon to explore the winding waterways and many shops, cafes, museums and galleries of Venice before enjoying dinner at a local restaurant in the evening.(dinner not included)
- After breakfast, embark on a full day’s wine tour around the Prosecco wine region, home to the classic sparkling wine of the same name. Traverse the hills of Refrontolo, visit the old water mill at Molinetto della Croda and enjoy tastings and tours at two Prosecco DOCG wineries, with lunch in-between at a local restaurant. In the evening, dinner will be at the Michelin-starred Met Restaurant in Venice. (wines not included)
- Today, take the chance to discover more of Venice in the morning before leaving.
Need to Know: This is a tailor-made itinerary based on a 5* hotel and subject to seasonal availability. Please note that prices will fluctuate during peak and carnival season. All our suggested packages are completely flexible and designed to give you some ideas and inspiration of what we can offer. We also have a number of charming 4* options available.
Getting here: Venice is easily accessible from the UK, just a short flight with many tour operators. Ryanair fly to Treviso and Bresica Airports, Easyjet and other UK airlines fly to Venice Marco Polo Airport. Venice and indeed all of Veneto’s main towns are well connected by train. There are also bus connections between towns and villages. Within Venice public boats will take you around the city and lagoon.
Nearby Wine Regions: If you like red wines, don’t forget that the famous chiantis of Tuscany are only a 3 hour drive south of Venice, or the rich Barolos of Piedmont are a 4 hours drive west. Why not extend your stay and tick another world-renowned wine region off your list? Our regional experts would be happy to sort the details.
5* Luna Hotel Baglioni
SmoothRed organised an amazing holiday for my Mum and I- we went to Bordeaux for three nights and stayed in a wonderful hotel. We had the perfect mixture of trips and free time and the visits to the Chateaus were wonderful. From start to finish, my experience of booking the holiday was great- excellent customer service and I loved the travel pack that was sent before we departed. I will definitely be booking another trip with SmoothRed again!
We had a great visit to Bordeaux with Smooth Red, whilst we were there they organised a cycling tour of the vineyards and the village of Saint Emilion. The whole day was amazing, Soline our guide was fantastic, fun to be with and very knowledgeable. We visited two vineyards which were very different, one was a family run Chateau whilst the second was more commercial, although it was great to see both the family run Chateau Cote de Baleau was our favourite. We had a fabulous lunch in their gardens accompanied with great wine, cannot praise them enough. And the village of Saint Emilion is somewhere not to be missed.
For more information, speak to our travel team today
Or enquire online…
Send us a Message
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Pay Us a Visit
SmoothRed, One Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4AQ, UK